• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Google Music Beta?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CompuTamer

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name
Just got the invitation email. anyone else here use it? Seems like a great idea... i'm currently uploading my 80GB of music, so it'll be a few days before i can honestly give a good opinion on it. Anyone found any issues with it?

I got it a few weeks ago. Used it a little bit, Got in on my Android phone, but honestly I got 16GB internal storage and a 16GB sd card so I have all my music on my phone, so no real use for the service as of yet. I do like it's music player for Android better than the default or Samsung player.

Got the invitation today, signed up, and the program is busy uploading all ~40GB of my music (all paid for and legally acquired). Good thing I'm at school right now and have insane bandwidth to cover it :) Mux Mool may thank Google Music for making me purchase more of their music :)

Last edited:
I have no idea what this is, but theres no way, i'd use it IF i have to upload my music, because i have a huge mix of music thats over 10years old, and i will admit thats back from the Napster days, and they arnt really legal songs all of them.

Grooveshark seems to work for me. But i guess i'd like to here more about this Google music?

They don't support FLAC or Ogg. 90% of my music library is rejected by their service.

I have no idea what this is, but theres no way, i'd use it IF i have to upload my music, because i have a huge mix of music thats over 10years old, and i will admit thats back from the Napster days, and they arnt really legal songs all of them.

Grooveshark seems to work for me. But i guess i'd like to here more about this Google music?

My music is much the same. Aquired from all sorts of odd places over the last 15 years or so. CDs, iTunes, various MP3 stores that are now dead, Napster, etc. They didn't give me any issues with stuff except for what's on my Zune pass, as that's DRM filled.

They don't support FLAC or Ogg. 90% of my music library is rejected by their service.

I have 80GB of MP3s, 5GB of WMA, and 1GB of FLAC :) I am an audiophile, but i don't have the audio setup to notice the difference.

It seems to work pretty well. Got everything uploaded minus a few songs from Zune. Streams start almost instantly even over DSL. Site is nice and fast. Seems to be a good little idea.. wonder if i get to have it for free when it's out of beta? :D

I just found out and got an invite to Google Music Beta (have 8 invites btw if someone wants one). From what I can tell, it sounds like a godsend for what I would want for music. I've used a few streaming services from my PC to iPhone, use to use SimplifyMedia before it got shut down, then tried Orb, and could swear there was one other. Some of them I just didn't like, and some of it streamed at such an unacceptable bitrate.

Now, with Google Music, will it stream at the same bitrate as the song is? Or will it compress it further than it already is? I just couldn't find out that information, and I'm waiting for it to upload all my music now.

Back