• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got a new tinker-toy JIXIB 1800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I had one of those chips is why I know what it can do .. your VERY BEST BET would be to get a nForce 2 board like I suggested earlier .. Why ? Because seeing as how the mult is locked you will need to pump up the fsb as much as possible , an nForce 2 will be just what you need !! PCI is not locked on a kt600 at all so you will have probs over 180 .. Why settle for 2080 mhz when you can have 2400 & 2500 Mhz .. More with water .. Ask felinus !!

I agree, SinkNBreff... but I think that the a7v600 has a agp/pci frequency lock.

Right from the FS thread in the classifieds.
Asus a7v600 via kt 600 chipset board has 1/6 divider at 200 fsb I've had it up to 223 stable with pc 3200

nF2 is a very smart idea timmy. via drivers are junk too. you can get an NF7 non-S for like $85 at newegg. that chip has the possibilty to do 2500MHz on air. hell, if you have a little money to spend, get the hyper x 512mb PC3000 dual channel setup, newegg has that for $104 right now. the word on the forums is the KHXPC3000 is built with BH-5s. memory like that should get you awesome FSB with great timings.

Asus a7v600 via kt 600 chipset board has 1/6 divider at 200 fsb I've had it up to 223 stable with pc 3200

That is actually really good - I have owned two nForce 2 boards, neither of which has passed 211 for me. The ASUS one was stuck at ~203, and this ABIT won't clear 211 in 3DMark - although 233 is fine in Prime and Memtest. Take it as you will, but nForce 2 boards are often sketchy about high FSB - most (if not all) need volt mods, or tricks.

Timmy, I would go with the *extremely* good price on that KT600, and stick with a semi-guaranteed 220+ FSB, instead of paying more, and rolling dice with a sketchy nForce 2. Plus, (223 X 11.5) 2565 MHz isn't too shabby a wall to lean against.

Agreed, felinusz. The fact that THIS board has in fact hit 223 with a fellow overclocker - and the idea that it's only $50.00 - is what sold me.

I'll let you all know the results next week or so when the new stuff gets here!

Resurection!

I got that little 1800 wonder chip running at 200*11.5 = 2300mhz - without a hitch! Unfortunatly it's a locked chip. It refuses to boot at any other multi, but who cares if it can run this speed. I'm sure it can run higher. I need to pop my corsair into it and see what it'll turn!

Good stuff Timmy!

Are you on stock Vcore still - or did you pump it :) (seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if it could do that with a stock Vcore)?

Heh, soon you'll be an AMDer "full-time" ;)

lol, I dunno about that full time AMD stuff, but yeah - that's on the stock vcore of 1.5v. BTW, this is on an ASUS A7n8X Nforce2 board. I'm still getting the KT600, but that'll go in another machine.

The A7N8X Deluxe is a pretty solid board, but you might need to mod it to clear 210 on the FSB (my old one never got past 203 ;) LOL) - seeing as how that chip is performing *really* well so far (2300 MHz on stock is absolutely awesome) you might consider plopping it in the KT600, and aiming for the 223 FSB wall :) :p

Don't be afraid to feed that chip voltage, they just love voltage, and when you feed em' they start getting all fast on you all of a sudden :)

Nice job Tim , man aren't AMD chips just so much more fun than Intel chips, hey did you get your AS5 situation straightened out also, with your Intel rig, just curious about how that ended or if it did. That thread of yours I read saved me from buying AS5 and sticking with Ceramique.

NP Cutter. I'm afraid I'm going to have to stick with AS-3 myself. I slapped some AS-5 on this 1800 just to check things out - and just as I thought, the temps skyrocketed. I quickly pulled the HS and applied AS-3 and my temps are a LOVELY 36C IDLE at 2300mhz :) I couldnt be happier. As a reference, my 2.4c on WATER idles at a temp of 36C. Hmmm....

Whats this about AS-5 running hot? I'm confused on that one, I thought most tested showed it as better than AS-3 or cream.

I've got a xp1800+ thats unlocked that I haven't checked out yet. Its a B, pretty good stepping from what I'm told. 0311.

felinusz said:
Good stuff Timmy!

Are you on stock Vcore still - or did you pump it :) (seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if it could do that with a stock Vcore)?

Heh, soon you'll be an AMDer "full-time" ;)

The dark side calls you Timmy. It seems that he already has given in somewhat to the darkside.

Have you tried pushing your chip any higher than 2300 Mhz Timmy?

Not yet Surfeit00. I got some BH-5 3200 for it tonight. I'll push on it a little and see when it breaks. Were in the process of moving right now, and I think tomorrow is the day to move all the computers and desks over. If I can get it done tonight, I'll post the results.

Timmy

*EDIT* AS-5 has been causing me some temp problems on my P4 system. I thought I'd give it a try for my wifes AMD system and got the same results. Then I wiped it and put on AS-3, and everything was fine. I'm moving my P4 rig back to AS-3 now for that very reason.

Timmy - seriously, you had better be careful now that you have some BH-5 in that AMD rig. If you aren't careful you could end up getting hooked, and leaving intel forever (which is a good thing by me anyways ;)).

Let us know how it flies with that RAM in there - I have very high hopes for that chip :)

Back