• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got a new (used) card just have some questions on Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

resx

Registered
so thanks to my awesome friend i got a GeForce GTX 560 DS SSC for free from him after he upgraded to a gtx 770. cards works great and its a big big upgrade from my old HD 5770, but im just curious on some Temps and stuff. i have a cooler master storm scout case the first one not the second. i have the fans that came stock in it (Bottom front, top, back,) then one in the front top that i put in that sucks in air basically right into my cooler master 212. the new 560 is hovering around 62-70c in WoW. wasent sure if that was a normal temp for these cards? just wasent sure if i should add another fan in there or if it was normal. i know generally even 70c isint necessarily hot just making sure i have everything in order as all. thanks.:D

Temps are fine there. :)

thanks alot, what temps do these cards start getting to before you do something about it? just curious is all i like to know everything about my specs. haha

got one more question wasn't gonna make a new thread but i noticed sometimes on black backgrounds or certain colors it seems my screen will flicker like its refreshing really fast? even if i have 7 windows open all of them will be fine but if i click on the one with the "color" it will flicker but then i click on a diffrent window and it will go away. i actually stopped it from doing it by checking the use NVIDIA settings box in the [Adjust desktop color settings] tab. if i switch back from other applications control and use NVIDIA settings the other application control setting will flicker and the use NVIDIA settings wont and it looks fine? little wierd is this a common problem with these cars? im new to the nvidia brand thanks :D

80 Celsius is my rule of thumb. I try to keep all my video cards under 80 celcius. The more under 80 the better. 90 is when you really wanna figure out a better cooling solution.

thanks alot. so to my previous post about switching the color deal when the screen flickers it started doing it again right after so i guess that didint change anything. it literally only happens on certain i guess colors on webpages it actually does it right here on the overlockers site ill scroll down to a spot and it flickers 1 mouse scroll up and it will stop then one mouse scroll back down and it will flicker. this is really confusing. to clear it up my games are fine the computer is fine its just certain background colors it seems to do it like black gray colors. for instance it happens on http://wallbase.cc/ also.

not to keep posting in this thread every 10 mins i just noticed when it does its flickering i can see very faint lines on the screen then when i scroll back up they disappear then when i scroll down to the flickering they come back ect.

You can edit your posts before a reply hits if you need to...

Have you tried a different set of drivers yet? That would be the first logical step. :)

my bad on the edit. i wasnt paying attention last night. going to try to go to 327.23 driver and see what happens

edit: 327.23 drivers are doing the same thing. anyone have a driver maybe they would recomend that was good for the GTX 560?

Edit again: i ended up putting my old 5770 in and everything works like it did, for having this car for so long i cant complain. i got sick of countless googling for this problem. ill just get somethin new down the road.

Last edited:
Back