• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got Bored= Custom Pc Stand

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jazon1

Had some time on my hands today and got bored and had the need for a pc Stand i have like 4 of them in my house and my TT Revo will not safely fit on any of them.

So dug around my old machine shop parts and started building this is what i came up with, have not decided whether to paint it, polish and clear coat,or use some rhino liner i have in the shed.

Also left some channels open on the sides was thinking of tossing a few LED strips in and some frosted or etched lexan over them(left space for that too) just not sure i want to have to have a transformer plugged into my stand tho wouldn't be hard to make it modular,what do you guys think?

20121009_222959.jpg

20121009_223011.jpg

20121009_223039.jpg

Also as you can see i made it so i can use a filter for air intake for the bottom of my case as i have a pretty dusty room because of my cockatoo.

Last edited:
Pics must be big its taking forever to load can't use 4G @ work only when I'm outside :(

Pics must be big its taking forever to load can't use 4G @ work only when I'm outside :(
yea sorry DOM. the pics are about 1.5MB each:(
they were double that before i shrunk them i was lazy and used my phone lol.
they not resizing on there own for you guys?

They do resize, but it takes them forever to load, especially you're in Lebanon with a 1Mb connection :D
But once they load and get cached, they don't seem to reload.

Case is black and leds are blue so if i ad light strips they will be blue also,and might use a magnetic power connection for the stand so i dont have to worry about the wire should i move the stand to much.

the downsides to paint is it does bot stick well to aluminum unless i spend more monny then its worth on it, downside of the rhino liner is prep and handling of hazardous stuff for such a small project but would be very durable, and lastly polishing i do have a nice mag buffer downside would be polished aluminum picks up fingerprints bad and finding a good clear coat that wont ruin the buffing can be hard to find also lol.

so i guess i have to decide which will be the lesser of the evils lol.
i think black or chrome would look good just having a tuff time deciding which to go with.

Nice, I like the wheels. Ive been contemplating something like this to get my rigs off the floor. Didnt think about putting wheels on that makes it all the better.

yea the wheels make it handy to pull out and clean and get to cables on the backside:)

thanks its working out good for me ,decided to just leave it silver for now that rhino liner i was going to use will just be to much work for just a stand, but if i ever get around to doing my truck bed then i might do it then while the stuff is mixed:)

Back