• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

got 'er done

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

monstergamin

Registered
Well I finally got it built after 2 weeks of asking questions I do have a few more questions now that it is up and running my system is

Gigabyte 890fx ud5
phenom 955be
4 gig of Gskill DDR3 1600

gigabyte bios are a little diffrent to me I am guessing ganged and unganged is dual channel unganged meaning it is running in dual channel, is this correct?

second question I got the DDR 1600 but it is running at 1333, everything is at stock till i can get some proper cooling , do I need to OC to get to 1600 or can i change that in the bios/

This this is fast I love it so far not a single glitch so far, you guys taught me well

Well I finally got it built after 2 weeks of asking questions I do have a few more questions now that it is up and running my system is

Gigabyte 890fx ud5
phenom 955be
4 gig of Gskill DDR3 1600

gigabyte bios are a little diffrent to me I am guessing ganged and unganged is dual channel unganged meaning it is running in dual channel, is this correct?

second question I got the DDR 1600 but it is running at 1333, everything is at stock till i can get some proper cooling , do I need to OC to get to 1600 or can i change that in the bios/

This this is fast I love it so far not a single glitch so far, you guys taught me well

Ganged/unganged...

Its is an option that affects how the memory is addressed by the CPU.

When running ganged mode your memory controller will operate in 128-bit mode. This has the benefit of giving the whole CPU a massive memory bandwidth. When handling one application that greatly benefits from higher memory performance this is the option you want to be sticking with.

Unganged basically will split that 128-bit memory bus into 2 x 64-bit, so you will essentially have two memory buses. Because of this, Unganged is particularly useful If you are a heavy multitasker, as you are packing 2 memory controllers effectively.

It will not force single or dual channel setups. Your memory will always be dual channel regardless of which configuration you choose.

For the record, I always run unganged.

As to your memory running at 1333, that is the default for both the CPu and the mobo, your gonna have to dig around to find DRAM settings and manually set it to 1600.

Enjoy!

[sidetrack]

thank you Ranger

[/end sidetrack] :)

What are the timings for 800 MHz (DDR3-1600) compared to 667 MHz? If you're only getting 9-9-9 at 800 you'd be better off if you can run 7-7-7 at 667 - and your overclock may be higher as well ... ;)

So the optimum timing for my ram(Team DDR3 1866 cl8)at 8-8-8-24 running @ 800(1600Mhz)would be optimum or I should set the timing at 7-7-7-21 in order to speed it up,right?

So the optimum timing for my ram(Team DDR3 1866 cl8)at 8-8-8-24 running @ 800(1600Mhz)would be optimum or I should set the timing at 7-7-7-21 in order to speed it up,right?

Dude, you have to stop thread jacking people...you have posted this RAM question in at least 10 different threads...most of which don't even have to do with ram. Start a new thread in the memory section!

Back