• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got it stable at 4,5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gin

Hi all, I've been so bored that I pushed my FX-8350 a bit to 4,5 @1.405 under load. Thing is it runs stable, and temps are okay.
I've played serveral games with no temps issues. But in the end, when I play CS:GO for a an hour or so my core temp reach 64ºC. Socket won't pass 67ºC. Should I concern about it? My temps are okay on prime95 and a lot of other games, not this one lol.
Thank you in advance.

P95 is literally worst case scenario. How are you getting higher than 100% usage on all 8 cores on CS:GO? Source based games should be a breeze on your rig. And temps are ok. Stay under 70, but ideally speaking, lower the better of course.

Hi all, I've been so bored that I pushed my FX-8350 a bit to 4,5 @1.405 under load. Thing is it runs stable, and temps are okay.
I've played serveral games with no temps issues. But in the end, when I play CS:GO for a an hour or so my core temp reach 64ºC. Socket won't pass 67ºC. Should I concern about it? My temps are okay on prime95 and a lot of other games, not this one lol.
Thank you in advance.

P95 is literally worst case scenario. How are you getting higher than 100% usage on all 8 cores on CS:GO? Source based games should be a breeze on your rig. And temps are ok. Stay under 70, but ideally speaking, lower the better of course.

This- Prime95 torture test is going to stress your cpu more than any game. Did you run Prime95 for two hours or two minutes?:p

Yeah, I wonder. I was thinking the same when I checked the temps. Maybe the VGA makes the case hot as dayum!. I've played a lot of games none of them pass 56ºC but CS:GO looks like legit cpu burner lol, in settings I see "Multi thread optimization" enabled.
I ran prime95 for 1hour:30 minutes getting socket 77ºC and core 63ºC.

No, CPU wise, CS:GO isn't the most demanding of games. It's cpu intensive, but... in the standards of 2010 not 2015. You may be on to something with the GPU burning your case up. I'd investigate that. 0% chance CS:GO is stressing your CPU as hard as p95.

No, CPU wise, CS:GO isn't the most demanding of games. It's cpu intensive, but... in the standards of 2010 not 2015. You may be on to something with the GPU burning your case up. I'd investigate that. 0% chance CS:GO is stressing your CPU as hard as p95.

I'll have to check what's going on, but I double checked these temps so the info is legit.

Don't know how many case fans you have. Maybe you aren't bringing in enough cool air or expelling the hot air fast enough. In my ARC Midi and my C70 I have three intakes and two exhausts. Mostly 140mm except the front fans on the C70 are 120mm.

Don't know how many case fans you have. Maybe you aren't bringing in enough cool air or expelling the hot air fast enough. In my ARC Midi and my C70 I have three intakes and two exhausts. Mostly 140mm except the front fans on the C70 are 120mm.
Agreed, get as many fans as possible in the case and your temps should drop some. Especially if you're still sporting this " 460 1024 MB MSI Cyclone O.C" Gpu, it's just venting all the hot air in the case.

No that's kind of high E_D. We like 70c for our comfort zone and 62c on the core

No that's kind of high E_D. We like 70c for our comfort zone and 62c on the core

Yea, but if it ran prime to 77ºC socket, then it's not gonna hit that again running games lol. It hit that only two times, two prime test. So no damage I think, now it runs a lot cooler.

Probably will not hit that high in a game at least not in the winter or until the fins on coolers began to get covered in dust. Then out of the blue one day when least expecting it...a serious of minor issues at first then BSOD and the chase begins to find the reason. Those are the reasons we suggest such temps as in P95 so that the margin before a problem might surface is a good distance away.

That said it is really up to each of us to know what we will push up to and take the risk on ourselves to push the system. I cannot afford to risk my video edits of family so I keep a real eye on cooling. When gaming it is not so much to lose so not as big of a concern. Run it where you will, since any risk is not as great.

Luck man.
RGone...

Probably will not hit that high in a game at least not in the winter or until the fins on coolers began to get covered in dust. Then out of the blue one day when least expecting it...a serious of minor issues at first then BSOD and the chase begins to find the reason. Those are the reasons we suggest such temps as in P95 so that the margin before a problem might surface is a good distance away.

That said it is really up to each of us to know what we will push up to and take the risk on ourselves to push the system. I cannot afford to risk my video edits of family so I keep a real eye on cooling. When gaming it is not so much to lose so not as big of a concern. Run it where you will, since any risk is not as great.

Luck man.
RGone...

Totally agree. The thing is my windows starts up with Aida64, so I have it set to sound and pop'up message if any Temps goes above suggested. This only have happened with CS:GO on core temps, socket have been cold.

Back