• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU fan noise in cold startup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Artin12

I bought this ATI Radeon HD 4650 2 weeks back. I had problems with it so a week ago I sent it to a repair store and it fixed some of the issues by replacing the fan. However I've been hearing this startup noise ever since I got the fan replaced.
Link : youtu.be/xtlNNolTAGo
My GPU fan makes the 00:00 to 00:33 noise every time I turn the PC on after an hour or so of being shut down. However after a certain amount of time it changes to the 00:34 noise which seems pretty normal to me and works perfectly changing the speed automatically as it needs. Also forgot to mention that I opened the case to see if the noise was coming from the gpu fan and yes it was. Is this normal? Because it seems pretty inexplainable for me.

alot of gpu's do this. some of my older cards would run 100% until it booted into windows and the drivers loaded.

Back