• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED GPU memory heatsinks, do these seem legit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Got my thermometer the other day. Tested it against some other thermometer on different surfaces (cardboard, shiny metal etc) that had been submerged in ice water (~0 C) and against items in room temperature (~26 C). It was fairly accurate, mostly within the specified 2 C, but some surfaces are difficult to get a measurement of off.

I measured the memory on my card, along with the backside of the PCB and the VRM I was able to see. The hottest part on the card (after gaming in a hot room) was about 80 C, and the hottest memory was about 78 C. There are probably spots where the temps are higher (I couldn't measure everywhere due to space limitations) but overall I think it looked pretty well, so I think I'll save the heatsinks for a different occasion :)

Back