• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU throttling issue, PSU or Motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

haloguy1999

Registered
I recently RMA'd an Asus P8Z77-V MB because when the system booted up sometimes the CPU base clock would change from 100 mhz to 300-1000. However it was rejected because of a tiny scratch. Since I've got it back I've noticed that when I turn off my PC in the OS, all the fans and lights stay on. I know this board is messed and I'm getting a new one, but is this an issue with the board, or PSU? The PSU has seemed fine, it's a Corsair GS700w, but idk. The other issue since I got back the MB has been my 680 has been locking itself at 535-705 mhz core clock and 415 mhz memory clock. I used driver sweeper to no avail and it only restores 1137 mhz (Gigabyte OC edition) with a reinstall of the driver (Version 320.49). The temperatures under load OC'd to 1188 mhz are 60 degrees max. Will these issues be fixed with a new motherboard, or could it be the PSU starting to fail or even the GPU?

well, muchof what you said is impossible\doesn't make sense, but count on it not being your psu and update your bios (and or restore defaults, then disable power saving modes features). Also, use msi afterburner to OC your graphics card and monitor in game frequencies, out of game, the card will underclock itself to save power. From what you've said the only ACTUAL problem is your PSU not switching off on shutdown.

Back