• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Black_Magick

Registered
I was looking at just some liquid cooling options for my system, an I noticed the water blocks for the gpu were super expensive.

Is it necessary to get a whole cover for the card or would a single block for the gpu be sufficient?

The problem with watercooling the GPU either way is it's expensive. A GPU only block is a good $70, like the MCW82. Then another $20 or so for the heatsinks for the Vregs and ram. And some GPUs really have heat issues on the Vregs with the air sinks if you overclock.

A GPU only block saves you lots of money for the next GPU you buy, not so much the first time you WC a GPU card.

Also, full cover waterblocks aren't made for ALL of the GPU's. Meaning refernce GPU, and I think your GPU is non-reference, so you have to go GPU only cooling.

We DO have a watercooling forum with all sorts of great stickies to get you started.

Back