• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which GPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tank Geek

Greetings Gentlemen and Ladies,
I need a GPU for my 1440 display. I was looking around for one that is sufficient and affordable. I found this one and was curious of your opinion.

Or this one?

FYI, there are RTX 3060 12GB behind the links...

For 1440p gaming, Id want more than an rtx 3060... especially if its a high refresh rate monitor.

If I was forced to choose from your links, I'd flip a coin. Sorry, thafs not terribly helpful, but there isn't much difference between the two performamce-wise. It's looks, noise, and cost.

For rasterization performance at that price (without regard to power draw), you'll want to look at AMD.

Aren't the Ventus known as the bottom feeders with barely passable coolers? Really depends on what you need it for, ofc, but still...

For 1440p gaming, Id want more than an rtx 3060... especially if its a high refresh rate monitor.
FYI....I really am not a gamer...I just noticed my 1440 doesn't look much different than my old 1080p.
you'll want to look at AMD.
Any suggestions?
Really depends on what you need it for, ofc, but still...
I just need it for everyday computing.

Sorry, I should have told you guys that first, that I am not a gamer.

Plus, I am GPU ignorant. I have never had a GPU because I never really needed it. I guess I build machines for a different reason. I can get exactly what parts I want for cheaper and learn some things in the process.

Sometimes when I open a browser it doesn't fully load and I have to refresh the page. I have never had that issue.

Sometimes when I open a browser it doesn't fully load and I have to refresh the page. I have never had that issue.
I'm not sure what's going on, but I'd guess that has nothing to do with your GPU (adblock, perhaps?).

I'd start a thread troubleshooting this issue before you go throwing money at a problem not caused by that part.

Cool deal Earthdog! You are saving me money. :cool:

Do you accept gratuity? Venmo maybe?:geek:

Where would I post such an issue?

Where would I post such an issue?

Internet, Networking, and Security​

Please be descriptive of what you're seeing... post an image (in that new thread, attach it to the site, not 3rd party) as well. Let's not have to hoover relevant info out of ya'. :p :)

I agree with ED. Let's start with the issue then we can work on a solution and the cost of said solution.

What have you done to troubleshoot?

I would start with removing cache from your browser of choice. Since each browser is different, a quick google search will tell you exactly how to do that. Clearing the cache alone may resolve your issue.

Next I would run some simple tests. memtest86+ for memory is a good one. Free too.

FYI. The only time I've seen an issue with a GPU not keeping up with the monitor, the issue looked like the monitor would "blank" out. It would go black for an instant then show the image and go black again and show the image and so forth and so on. You're issue sounds like it is more about getting hung up with a blank (white) screen and not a blacked out, can't refresh the monitor, vibe.

New thread is up, gents, let's continue in that one and save this for a potential upgrade, or potentially close it if the GPU wasn't the issue.

Got that done! Thank you.:salute:
It would also be good to state if it (whatever troubleshooting steps) helped or not (in that thread). Just saying you did it without an update isn't helpful/efficient for the volunteers trying to assist. :)

You're issue sounds like it is more about getting hung up with a blank (white) screen and not a blacked out, can't refresh the monitor, vibe.
..and why I asked for pictures.. I get the vibe some images aren't loading all the time.... an adblock thing, not a complete blank page. :shrug:

Back