• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED GPUpi now good for points.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Gpupi is kinda hwbot fail. A lot of cpus and graphics cards are not recognized by database and you can get error saying that for submission there is required cpu/gpu. For now I think that screenshots are allowed ( at least mod who introduced this bench unlocked that option because of possible issues ).
Next thing is hardware support. Many older graphics cards with CUDA functionality are not supported for some reason. Many AMD cards are not supported too. Intel HD Graphics are sometimes working, sometimes not ( not recognized or fail the test ).
200 series Nvidia cards were working in 1.4 version, in 2.0 are not working but there will be a patch in 2.1 version.
AMD HD5700 - not supported, HD5800 - supported but fail the online submission.
Quadro with CUDA - not supported

There are more issues, not to mention benchmark consistency so I have no idea why hwbot added it to the official benchmark list with global/wr points. They could at least introduce it after proper tests. I won't be surprised if they start to block submissions soon.
There are many bugs I've already found.....and ways to *cough*cheat*cough*. I've addressed these to the creator and HWB staff and basically was called a 'hater'.
So go ahead and ride that global train until it wrecks just like UCB and PCM05. It won't take long.

PCM05 still gives points regardless how legit are the scores. Barely anyone could find all "tweaks" there so results were accepted. Some overclockers total points base mainly on PCM05.
I'm not saying I won't bench gpupi but it's next bugged hwbot benchmark. I'm not sure if they made anything right as heaven, am3 etc still have bugs.

PCM05 still gives points regardless how legit are the scores. Barely anyone could find all "tweaks" there so results were accepted. Some overclockers total points base mainly on PCM05.
I'm not saying I won't bench gpupi but it's next bugged hwbot benchmark. I'm not sure if they made anything right as heaven, am3 etc still have bugs.
I agree.
BTW, much respect for you for walking away from the political circus we know as HWB. I treat it as a game. I bench for entertainment. There is much wrong with it but it's the only game in town, so I play.

Similar feeling here. Actually I think I wouldn't bench anymore if I was still in the hwb staff ... at least not for fun as seeing all from inside is really spoiling all the fun. Long topic, probably not for this thread.

Similar feeling here. Actually I think I wouldn't bench anymore if I was still in the hwb staff ... at least not for fun as seeing all from inside is really spoiling all the fun. Long topic, probably not for this thread.
Agreed, but it was worth the mention. :)
Thanks.

its always a joke when the judges are part of the competition!

I agree.
BTW, much respect for you for walking away from the political circus we know as HWB. I treat it as a game. I bench for entertainment. There is much wrong with it but it's the only game in town, so I play.

This, It is the only game in town

I noticed that some people, like 10th place or above, for g3258, in gpupi for cpu, has the first batch done in 00h 00m 05.xxx seconds. I want to do that.

20M/64 but you can use any setting. For some reason too high values are usually worse to the point it won't pass the test at all.

Apples to oranges comparison. In house comps are totally different. He should compete. I see no reason not to.

I don't disagree with you. But I still think it why.

It's just me guys. I just don't think it's right. Not that anyone would cry foul or cause a stir, I just feel it's better this way. I'll still put results up when I can, I do enjoy benching but I won't count myself in the results when I tally at the end of the month.

You simply can't make anything more than other members in these competitions so I see no reason why you can't be on the list. If you win anything but you won't feel good about it then you can give it to the next person in line or just donate it to other competition or something.

Yeah, I know Woomack. But a simple calculation error or omission of someones score just looks more sinister when the perception is I have something to gain by it even if it's just bragging rights. I'm content to just sit on the sideline and manage the competition.

???

What am I missing ???

this is just a friendly competition , what could there possibly be to gain ???

Johan, you should be putting up results and be in the running man...

... now if this was Forums Wars, I would understand. But as Witchy said, this is a friendly competition. I mean, you let people's scores stand that don't even have the proper OS (against HWbot rules which is what the thread says we follow) for the bench, but exclude yourself? That makes no sense... get on in here!!!! :)

Johan, you should be putting up results and be in the running man...

... now if this was Forums Wars, I would understand. But as Witchy said, this is a friendly competition. I mean, you let people's scores stand that don't even have the proper OS (against HWbot rules which is what the thread says we follow) for the bench, but exclude yourself? That makes no sense... get on in here!!!! :)

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Back