• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Graphics extraction hood.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rhettskinator

this one.jpg Hi all,
X fired HD6990's pump the heat out. Vent from both ends of the card and heats up the case after long gaming sessions so made up a extraction hood to guide the hot air out of the case via a spare driver bay. Added a small fan from a old graphics card to help in the extraction process, does 6300RPM so does a good job. Works a treat, case stays cool as.
Its important to keep case temps down as we all know , but in my case it's very important because of my CPU cooling being a double driver bay water cooling unit and found that it was following case temps after long sessions on BF4 with CPU oc to 4.6G and GPU's oc'd as well on ultra game settings.CPU temps of upto 60 deg(C) of which i know is not hi but i had a vision and i went with it.
Now CPU temps stay between 35 deg - 40 deg(C) and have found that the hot stream of air coming from that driver bay slot now heats up my man cave pretty quick but.
Interested in your thoughts.

Last edited:
Save you guys a click. This is the only image I could find. I can't make anything of it.

20131214_141322.jpg

So the idea is to feed cool air in to them?

Nah man. Extracts the hot air out. I run my GPU fans at 70% when gaming and they push a fair amount of air volume at that speed straight into the hood and out the case. Small 50mm fan capable of 6300rpm added to help. Can control this fan with mb controls.

Ah, right, intake on the squirrel cages is on the center. Cool idea, glad it worked for you!

Depends a bit on how you're set up a I guess and just using a single GPU here, but would be a bit backwards on my set up, I like trying to move as much air as I can in a stream myself rather than break it up.

That and not sound like a jet taking off I guess.

Nice job though.

:thup:

Back