• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Graphics memory size is showing as 512mb instead of 2gb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chandhru

I am using HP Pavilion (Model: hp pavilion 15 ab125ax). I bought it by considering the more amount of ram(8gb) and also Graphics memory of 2gb.
But when i check the details with CPU-z tool i found it is listed as 512mb.

Please help to get know the real RAM size.

(See the attached screenshot)

Attachments

• Untiled.png
    Untiled.png
    272.9 KB · Views: 2,273
GPU-z instead please.
It would appear that CPU-z is reading the APU's graphics.
That notebook should have a dedicated R7 graphics card with 2gb of vram.

how to check

GPU-z instead please.
It would appear that CPU-z is reading the APU's graphics.
That notebook should have a dedicated R7 graphics card with 2gb of vram.
Yes, you are right but it is true only by the letters but in real it has R6 graphics which performs cheap. I won't even able run games which has very average graphics requirement to run it.

Can you please tell why is that I cannot run average games and is there any other way that I can see 2gb in the monitor :(

OK, the laptop has 2 graphics processors. One in the CPU and one attached to the board. The way it "should" work is to run off the "cheap" one for regular tasks and use the "good" one for GFX intensive tasks like gaming.
Download this program here and run it as stand alone GPU-z http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2627/techpowerup-gpu-z-v0-8-7/
If that was the correct model # for the laptop then this shows the two seperate GFX cores one integrated in the CPU and the other is what we call dedicated which is an add in card for the laptop. GPUz should show you what you're looking for the R7 GFX

amd lap.JPG

CPU-Z is a nifty program, but it has its faults. I think what you are experiencing is an issue with the program itself.

It does the same thing to me in only recognizing 4892MB (or something close to that number) VRAM on my 390X while GPU-Z and HWInfo both see the correct 8GB.

Back