• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Green LED om Boot with z390-f gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

balyn

Registered
Hello there!

Alright so I just upgraded to a 9700k with an z390-f gaming motherboard and got stuck this morning due to a LED shining green on "Boot" on the motherboard.

After googling all people with the same problem didn't even get a post / screen but I'm in bios without any kind of symptoms like they had, besides computer not getting into Windows.

I can't access Boot priority, but I find all my drives in bios. So when I start my PC I get the Asus logo as usual with "press del or f2", but I never get into windows, it goes automatically into bios directly.

Any ideas? Here's a video of it, though in Swedish:
Sincerely, Jimmy.

Have you reset the CMOS and/or Optimized defaults? Tried reflashing your current BIOS or updating to the latest version?

So it was working and then this happened?

Did you reset the CMOS?

Since it's useless right now anyway, can you update the BIOS?

Have you reset the CMOS and/or Optimized defaults? Tried reflashing your current BIOS or updating to the latest version?

Optimized defaults, yes. I haven't tried reflash since I just got the motherboard last night. However it doesn't hurt to try, I'll give it a go tonight after I'm done at work.

I'll come back tonight with an update.

So it was working and then this happened?

Did you reset the CMOS?

Since it's useless right now anyway, can you update the BIOS?
I just switched the motherboard and CPU. My old ones worked.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just switched the motherboard and CPU.
This would have been good to hear in the first post. :)

So... you have a (presumably) old drive in there with Windows on it already from the old system and you are trying to boot to from it on the new system? Is this rig all new? Please share more details. Also consider updating your signature or at least listing your rig specs so we know exactly what you are working with at a glance.

Also, if you unplug drives (unplug one, test... etc) does that open up boot order?

This would have been good to hear in the first post. :)

So... you have a (presumably) old drive in there with Windows on it already from the old system and you are trying to boot to from it on the new system? Is this rig all new? Please share more details. Also consider updating your signature or at least listing your rig specs so we know exactly what you are working with at a glance.

Also, if you unplug drives (unplug one, test... etc) does that open up boot order?

The system is 2 years old, besides cpu and motherboard, those I got new ones yesterday. And yes, I have Windows since before and trying to Boot into it.

I'll take a look in a few hours when I get home.
Thanks.

Hi again. Ok so to be clear, my old cpu was an 6700k with an Maximus board, so kinda the same board as the new one.

I've now tried to remove all drives besides one(on all drives) but Boot priority is still grayed out. I've tried one ram stick at a time but nothing there either.

I did update the bios version as well.
Still no result. I'm pretty sure there's just some setting or something

sfRGkJx.jpg this is what it says now after trying some things

Last edited:
Is boot order able to be changed in EZ Mode by chance?

15502616514278040561706358829223.jpg
So... I just activated the CSM and guess who got into Windows 2 mins later.

I feel so dumb right now.
Thank you all for the help. Have a nice evening.

Back