• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gskill trydent z 7200 2x24 problem to get it stable at 7200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hello guys, I’m starting in overclock field, trying for 3 months runs my memory at xmp 7200 but not success yet, I have this kit gskill trydent z 2x24gb 7200mts white. My setup is msi z790 edge WiFi, i9 14900k. Trying a lot of timing and voltage but always crash in games and doesn’t pass in tests. The max that I got was 6800mts stable. Could someone helps me? Thank you!
Just a thought try using the Intel Extreme Tuner.

To see less than 48GB is normal.

What does a ridiculous score in CB? High? Low?
Low, and on memtest when I put pcore at 5.7 x2 and 5.4 looks faster than 6.0 x2 and 5.7, someone know why? 5.7 2 cores and 5.4 others have a increase in gb/s more than double. On L1 and L2.
Post magically merged:

I just see ppl hitting 44k on cinebench and I hit around 33k.

Low, and on memtest when I put pcore at 5.7 x2 and 5.4 looks faster than 6.0 x2 and 5.7, someone know why? 5.7 2 cores and 5.4 others have a increase in gb/s more than double. On L1 and L2.
Post magically merged:

I just see ppl hitting 44k on cinebench and I hit around 33k
Depends on the motherboard and how it's set.... or, are you throttling?? Thermal or power limits? What's them temps when running CB?

The average for that chip is somewhere around 40K, give or take depending on the motherboard. At this point, you need to figure out why it's doing that...

75C peak? That feels low for a CB run on a 14900K... what cooling do you have?
Are you not 'really' stable on the RAM so it's slowing you down?

I'd run Hwinfo and CB23 see what's happening. It could be a slew of reasons. But stock 14900K is right around 40K.

EDIT: Run Cb23 and post a screenshot of Hwinfo so we see temps, power from the CPU, power limits, etc.

1714648225764.png

Attachments

• 1714648192618.png
    1714648192618.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 2
The average for that chip is somewhere around 40K, give or take depending on the motherboard. At this point, you need to figure out why it's doing that...

75C peak? That feels low for a CB run on a 14900K... what cooling do you have?
Are you not 'really' stable on the RAM so it's slowing you down?

I'd run Hwinfo and CB23 see what's happening. It could be a slew of reasons. But stock 14900K is right around 40K.

EDIT: Run Cb23 and post a screenshot of Hwinfo so we see temps, power from the CPU, power limits, etc.

View attachment 366570
ok thats it!

Attachments

• Captura de Tela (4).png
    Captura de Tela (4).png
    45.2 KB · Views: 2
What jumps out at me is your 14900K only peaks at 184W and 5.1GHz. Why that's happening, I don't know as you've been messing arond with speeds/settings, etc.

What you should do is to save the BIOS profile you have (if you want), reset the BIOS to optimized defaults (it's an "F" button in the BIOS, I don't recall which one), set XMP on the RAM, and test CB. I'm guessing it's from the adjustments you've made.

What jumps out at me is your 14900K only peaks at 184W and 5.1GHz. Why that's happening, I don't know as you've been messing arond with speeds/settings, etc.

What you should do is to save the BIOS profile you have (if you want), reset the BIOS to optimized defaults (it's an "F" button in the BIOS, I don't recall which one), set XMP on the RAM, and test CB. I'm guessing it's from the adjustments you've made.
if i set xmp with my ram 7200, crash my computer, in stock. Thats the only way i get my ram runs at 7200.
Post magically merged:

i did what u asked me to do

Attachments

• Captura de Tela (5).png
    Captura de Tela (5).png
    45.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Brother, please use the EDIT function to add to posts (when someone hasn't already replied)... you keep forcing the forum to automatically merge and it looks bad./ruins the flow. Slow down and get your thoughts together a bit. :)

i did what u asked me to do
Great........annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd what was your score this time? I see a lot higher power use, temps, and clock speeds (and some thermal throttling, which is normal-ish).

What are you using to cool your CPU? Please consider adding a signature that lists your system specs so we can all see them. :)

Brother, please use the EDIT function to add to posts (when someone hasn't already replied)... you keep forcing the forum to automatically merge and it looks bad./ruins the flow. Slow down and get your thoughts together a bit. :)

Great........annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd what was your score this time? I see a lot higher power use, temps, and clock speeds (and some thermal throttling, which is normal-ish).

What are you using to cool your CPU? Please consider adding a signature that lists your system specs so we can all see them. :)
now its 35k, and i use a msi velox 100r with stock fans and msi coreliquid 360r that i changed the fans for ARCTIC P12 x 3 on radiator.

You're getting there, LOL...

...that's with the RAM at base/JEDEC speeds, right? You may get 1K more with faster RAM, but...

...in looking at my testing, 13900K was around 36-39K, and the 14900K was 37-40K. You aren't far off... but I'd imagine it's thermally throttling that's holding you back at this point.

You're getting there, LOL...

...that's with the RAM at base/JEDEC speeds, right? You may get 1K more with faster RAM, but...

...in looking at my testing, 13900K was around 36-39K, and the 14900K was 37-40K. You aren't far off... but I'd imagine it's thermally throttling that's holding you back at this point.
I think im not built thermal well for this setup. Im using also a Thermalright contact frame thats helps and Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme.
Post magically merged:

I think if adjust better the bios i can get around 40k. Problem its a lot of option and im new in overclock.
Post magically merged:

31k is bad for gaming? i have also a rtx 4090 msi suprim liquid x .

It's how the chips work, really...

If I were you, I'd lower the voltage, perhaps with an offset or adaptive voltage, and see if you can get temperatures lower/scores up.

Again, please use the EDIT function to add to posts...

It's how the chips work, really...

If I were you, I'd lower the voltage, perhaps with an offset or adaptive voltage, and see if you can get temperatures lower/scores up.

Again, please use the EDIT function to add to posts...
like offset around -0.050? U mean undervolt?

I think I just get better than that getting a better aio, stupid me trying to making a full msi setup.

Back