• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 570 Fan Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zone15

Recently I've noticed sort of a ticking noise coming from my computer. It sounds just like a hard drive quietly seeking. I always assumed the noise was the hard drives as I used to have 2, but after hearing no change in the noise after replacing one HDD with a SSD I was puzzled. I completely unplugged the hard drives and turned all the fans off and the noise was still there. Finally I took out the video card and powered on PC and bingo. I never thought it was the fan because it makes the same noise at any speed. It's almost like quiet crickets in the background.

It is a stock reference EVGA GTX 570. Is there any way to just replace the fan or do you have to replace the entire cooler? I could always RMA it but I would end up with a refurb card back when there is nothing wrong with the card, just the fan. If anyone can offer some suggestions I would appreciate it.

Most refurb cards are prolly sent back for the same reason. You can buy an aftermarket cooler, but never seen anyone able to find the original fan for the GPU. It's OEM and not sold to the general public.

Last edited:
If I go the aftermarket route what is a good option? I don't want to spend a ton.

Google air cooling 570 with a few diff ways of saying the same thing. The word review is a good add at imes. Easy enough. Once you got a few choices, pick and let us know what you like. There are tons of reviews. You'll figure it out with a few hours of homework. It IS your stuff ya know.........

I've seen quite a few people using the Arctic Accelero line of aftermarket coolers. I've personally never used aftermarket VGA coolers so I can't speak for whether or not they're reliable. Someone else can shine some light on that I'm sure. Also the price isn't exactly cheap - they're around $60 - $80 from what I could find.

Arctic Accelero Xtreme III

Edit: +1 to what Conumdrum said. Do some research! :thup:

The geild Icy Vision 2 is a solid gpu cooler also. Its styled in blue with a dual fan config. There are alot of good aftermarket coolers around. I like to browse the shops im considering and then look for reviews of the particular parts Im looking at. I find thats the fastest way to pin down what your options are.

The geild Icy Vision 2 is a solid gpu cooler also. Its styled in blue with a dual fan config. There are alot of good aftermarket coolers around. I like to browse the shops im considering and then look for reviews of the particular parts Im looking at. I find thats the fastest way to pin down what your options are.

Many of the reviewers say people are having problems with that cooler and nVidia cards. What is the difference between the Arctic Accelero Xtreme III and the Arctic Accelero Xtreme Plus II besides the price? I also looked at the Zalman VF3000F and thought it was perfect until I found out it won't connect to the card's fan port and that you have to control the fan manually.

Performance-PC's list of standard, boring, VGA replacement fans.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...36_904&zenid=bd48d3f70c8a97038997a30248510c39

More expensive VGA coolers. They're better then the average fan.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=54_196

It's hideous, but a cursory search of 'GTX 570" on Performance-PC brought up this as one of the results.

...Ignore the description, someone seems to be confused and they think it's a memory cooler. Try looking up the model (Listed under the price) for real info.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=31194

Last edited:
Yea Kyle, that Zalman was the one I looked at, the one thing that is unacceptable about it is the fact the fans don't plug into the board, they plug into a manual fan controller.

I've seen quite a few people using the Arctic Accelero line of aftermarket coolers.
a18.jpg
k3.jpg

I'd RMA it too. No reason to spend extra money on a defective EVGA part IMO. Let them spend the money, they're the people that put the defective bit in.

Back