• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 980 DSR not working?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nizzo

Registered
I have an EVGA GTX 980 FTW and have been trying to set my Resolution to 2560x1440 & 3840 x 2160 in DA:Inquisition & Crysis 3 but it doesnt seem to work. In Inquisition the screen turns black like it's trying to adjust resolution, but continuously stays in that black mode. In Crysis 3 i can change the resolution, but after I apply, the mouse is completely inaccurate and limited to a smaller area on the screen. Even if I hit apply with this happening, once i exit then come back, the res is set to 1920x1080 again. Any clues?

Are you able to set your desktop resolution to the higher res prior to going into the game? That's what I do with AMD's version of DSR

Are you able to set your desktop resolution to the higher res prior to going into the game? That's what I do with AMD's version of DSR

That did work for Inuquistion, but Crysis 3 is still a mess. It doesn't adjust the resolution at all, it still just messes with the cursor.

I thought the whole point of DSR was running at 1080p and getting 4K visuals yet you are having issues just changing your resolution?

Your post title is kind of confusing when compared to what you are saying.

I thought the whole point of DSR was running at 1080p and getting 4K visuals yet you are having issues just changing your resolution?

Your post title is kind of confusing when compared to what you are saying.

Right, but to get the 4K Visuals you have to change the resolution to 4k (even though the monitor is 1080p), and in some games, it isn't working.

Right, but to get the 4K Visuals you have to change the resolution to 4k (even though the monitor is 1080p), and in some games, it isn't working.

I wouldn't think 4K resolution would even be an option if your monitor doesn't support it? Maybe I'm confused here.

I wouldn't think 4K resolution would even be an option if your monitor doesn't support it? Maybe I'm confused here.

Here's a screenshot. Enabling DSR allows you to select higher resolutions than your monitor's native res (1080p in my case). It then generates the picture at that higher resolution then shrinks it to fit your monitor so you have that extra detail packed in a smaller space.

Untitled-1.png

Ah ok gotcha, not sure. Is there a list of DSR approved games or profiles that can be downloaded for them? Perhaps they aren't supported?

Just found out that DSR can be enabled for older cards such as my GTX 670 via the Nvidia control panel, pretty cool.

So do you I have to actually CHOOSE the higher resolution or does it do everything itself in the game? If I choose 4K everything is so small and I can't read anything.

Keep your desktop Res @ 1080p, set your DSR in control panel, NOT in experience. Start at DSR factor 1.5 and work your way up, keep an eye on your vram though if it hit max then it will auto adjust the DSR. Set FXAA to on and turn off all AA options and up the DSR res to sub it as AA. You can enable AA later if your not already maxing out the vram.

Back