• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX760 Dual 4k Monitors 60hz via displayport?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hatehereyes

I just picked up two 4k monitors. Got them both installed and currently running them at 3840x2160 but only at 30hz. I have one hooked up via hdmi and the other via displayport. I've tried upgrading my drivers for the gtx760 but still not luck in getting either monitor to run at 60hz. I'm mainly more concerned about the screen running on displayport since I've read a few places that it's capable of 60hz.

Monitors are Monoprice 28-inch UHD Select Series Matte 4K 60Hz Monitor

My setup currently running off of the gtx760 are the two 4k monitors and a 40" Samsung 1080p tv. I'm not sure if that setup has anything to do with not being able to output with 60hz at least with the monitor plugged into displayport.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

The amount of horsepower a card may have has nothing to do with what it can output really. The problem here is that the HDMI spec can only output 60Hz if it is HDMI 2.0. Anything below that it can't output 60Hz. So you need to check and see if the HDMI version on that card is 2.0, first.

That said, I would unplug the other monitors and test one at a time to see if, without the other monitors, it can support 4K @ 60Hz.

Thanks for the replies. After some messing around, the 760 just wasn't capable of outputting 4k @ 60hz for 2 monitors. As soon as I only had a single monitor plugged it 60hz worked perfectly fine. I'm hoping running another 760 running in SLI will solve this issue.

If you need the horsepower for gaming, that is a good idea. If you just want a 4K picture, get a cheaper card and don't run SLI.

That said, its probably best to run SLI with 760's and 4K gaming... though their 2GB of ram will really choke things up in most titles...

Can you run SLI with a monitor in each card?

Last edited:
If you're gaming on 4K just sell the 760 and buy a better single card.

When I just had 2x 27" 1080p monitors, I was able to play cs go just fine one 1 monitor but I only played once every few weeks. Nothing Serious.
I'm hoping running both 760's in SLI, I'll be able to run each monitor on it's own dedicated card.. I guess we'll find out in a few days. If not, I'll just get a better video. Just mainly wanted 4k for picture quality, gaming isn't so important to me.

Why don't you hold off a bit and confirm that would work. I am not certain and it sure beats buying another 760 only to have to sell them both.

Patience grasshoppa! :)

Confirm that running each monitor on it's on dedicated card in SLI?
I've already got another 760 coming in the mail so I'll report back once I figure out if it works or not. *Fingers crossed* :shrug: to it working.

I have a single 760 and it has troubles keeping up to my BenQ 27"...your really pushing those cards to output 4k, i wouldnt think its worth the money to get a second one, buy a better card.
I can pick up a 780Ti locally for around $240 CAN.

The size of the monitor doesn't matter... its the resolution.

Also, a 780Ti won't do well at 4K either. It has 3GB of ram (I would consider 4GB a minimum personally) and not enough horsepower unless you don't run AA and turn down some IQ settings.

Back