• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guess the OEM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How old is the PSU?
The case looks like those used in PSU's form around 2003-2005. Like what Athena used.

Last edited:
It is an updated design (within the last 4 years), 80+ Bronze and is a server unit. OEM made a brief splash into the consumer market, which was halfhearted at best. One of the more well known OEMs.

It is an updated design (within the last 4 years), 80+ Bronze and is a server unit. OEM made a brief splash into the consumer market, which was halfhearted at best. One of the more well known OEMs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going with topower also, the led on the rear is the exact same style thats on a zumax (topower) psu I have

Basing a guess just from the "OEM made a half hearted splash in the consumer market" clue.

Super Micro?

AFAIK, Supermicro have never made a consumer unit. Definitely not Topower and as somebody pointed out, never seen a Topower use Hitachi primaries. The consumer line had a brief stint and a lame "Gaming" string in the brand name.

OK now I'm stump. wildcard guess, Andyson? I know Mushkin used them and the casing looks a lot like a older Mushkin unit. They had a short lived gamming line too, but I don't recall seeing Hitachi caps in them.

If that's not it maybe sparkle? but didn't FSP buy them out a years back?

I was going to say Scythe, but didn't Topower make their PSU's?

I'm out of ideas after that.

So what is it ? Safe to say most of use are stumped.

Last edited:
Ok, here goes...it is a Zippy Emacs PSM-5670. They made exactly one "gaming" PSU series the GSM-6xxxx. I owned the 6600P, which I sent over to jonnyGURU, who did a terrific review.

Come on guys, I expected you to nail this. :)

Ok, here goes...it is a Zippy Emacs PSM-5670. They made exactly one "gaming" PSU series the GSM-6xxxx. I owned the 6600P, which I sent over to jonnyGURU, who did a terrific review.

Come on guys, I expected you to nail this. :)
Well we can all make up words. Zippity do da, hubba wubba, etc. :rofl:

Back