• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guys i need some advice ina pickle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CandymanCan

Disabled
Ok so i orderd some 1gb (2x512mb) pc3200 Golden dragon Geil memory. Like 2 week agao on newegg.com turned out a peice was defective. So they finally got my pacage i mailed them for the rma.

But i have 2 choices now. To change my rma and get 2x256mb pc3200 Corsair XMSc2, and get a 2500+ barton for the same price as the 1gb Geil i got.

Or just keep the Geil ?

My system is

Xp 2400+ overclocks horribly 2300mhz 1.95v
Abit NF7-S rev 2.0
Ati 9700pro

I v wanted the 2500+ for awhile but i want to know is this decition worth it ? Is the 2500+ really all that ? Can it be garunteed to do more then 2300mhz even with the brand new AQXEA stepping. I do watercooling.

get the ram and get 2 or 3 1700 tbred and cross fingers and o/c the sh** out of them and sell the ones that dont high

but if you want the 2500 I would get it with the 2 256mb cosairs

Well, it all depends on what your priorities are. If you are looking for a faster level of core performance the barton and the corsair ram will likely give it to you. If you do tasks that really benefit from the extra ram obviously the smart money is spent there. We can't tell from here what you do with your computer nor what your desires or priorities are.

Back