• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GV-N2060D6-6GD or alternatives?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

guapao

Registered
Hi fellow overclockers,

I currently have a i7 8700k with a 1080 FTW EVGA and its just not cutting for me and I have been thinking on getting an upgrade, however the prices as we all know are crazy and specially in my country with all the taxes.

Currently GV-N2060D6-6GD(NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 D6 6G, GDDR6) is an affordable choice I have to go into the RTX scene but I am unsure this would be an upgrade worth the money or if I have any other options around.

It will cost me R$ 3.199,90 which is about 677USD, 3050 is on that range of price for me but apparently the 2060 is better from the benchmarks and talks I've seen.

I would like to know from the experts out there if there is a specific brand or option that would maybe fit my bill.

Keep in mind that even thou my conversion gets to 677USD it would really be 300USD if I were to buy it from a place outside my country because of taxes I literally ended up paying double the card price.

Best regards.

The RTX 2060 is a decent GPU for modern games, though you may need to turn a few settings down to utilize ray tracing above 1080p. I have my EVGA 2060 in my VR gaming setup and it does fine. My recommendation is to get what you can afford and enjoy it.

I don't think that a 1080 -> 2060 would be a worthwhile upgrade to be honest.
thanks for the comment, appreciate it.

What if I get a ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 Twin Edge would that be an upgrade? its 300 extra but affordable for me

Or the overall upgrade here would be negligible still?

The model is ZT-A30600E-10M https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/zotac-gaming-geforce-rtx-3060-twin-edge

I am hoping the prices drop with the 4x gen coming out so I won't buy anything until then but in the event it does not, these are my current options that I could find.

Agreed. It's more like a side-grade.
What do you mean by side-grade? Excuse my ignorance.

Last edited:
would that be an upgrade?
Just an FYI, you can look up reviews to see performance of (any) part(s).

...it's about 20% faster. I don't call that negligible... but if that is 'worth it' is up to you. Always get the best you can /want to afford.

Side-grade is just as it sounds.......not an improvement. Up/down/side-grade, lol.

Back