• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H100 is so annoying :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

polgar

Registered
Hello everyone

I have the H100 watercooling on Profile level 2 or 3 sound is louder making noise , but the rpm is max 2270 never I get the max 2600 rpm on 100 % cpu , it is so annoying!!!

Who can help me!

Thanks everyone!!!

Hi,
What type of noise are you experiencing? Is it a grinding noise? or just fan noise?

In reading about H100 issues, most people seem to have problems with the pump. However, there is a known issue with the fan controller not working properly. Basically making any adjustment on the fan controller does not change the fan speed even though the profile lights indicate differently.

Read more about it here:
http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99361

Is it possible to plug in the fans to one of your motherboard headers and control the fan speed with other software (e.g. Smart Fan, HWmonitor)?

If you plugged the fans into a motherboard header that could be your problem. When I did that at first my fans ran slow because the BIOS wasn't giving them full voltage. Setting the fan speed to 100% in the bios fixed it.

Is this a new h100. The pump on my H70 got louder and louder as it aged, which eventually helped it on its way to the dustbin.

Yea pressing the button isnt gonna do anything to the fan speed unless the fans are plugged into the pump...

You're right I spaced out that he wrote the fans get louder.

What are the temps like? The pump adjusts fan speed based on water temp, if your temps aren't high enough it won't run at full speed.

awwww this is so confused!!! they where plugged into the pump but not can change the fan speed in speedfan , now I plugged both fans on the motherboard I can now change the fans speed to max.

My AMD FX 8120 is overclock to 4615 mhz , but the temps are still very high on max speed:(:(:(:( almost to 60c max temp for AMD FX 8120 is 60c , but if I run 100% cpu for 1 hour it go to 70c yes it is a new one my H100

screen
http://www.freebits.nl/view.php?filename=666Naamloos.png

just think the H100 is a very vey bad watercooling:shock::shock:

Last edited:
well im on my 3rd h80 in 2weeks . 1st was rma`ed due to loud pump (like a old seeking hdd) 2nd due to faulty pump (bad temps) . 3rd works grate so far lol i think corsair are haveing big problems with their h80 and h100 . when they work right they do work well .

well im on my 3rd h80 in 2weeks . 1st was rma`ed due to loud pump (like a old seeking hdd) 2nd due to faulty pump (bad temps) . 3rd works grate so far lol i think corsair are haveing big problems with their h80 and h100 . when they work right they do work well .

I have two things that make noise , the pump and the fans is that normal ?

well i carnt hear my pump now in my 3rd one . dose yours sound like a hdd seeking ? the fans do get loud in performance mode (3 lights) after you go above 40c

try laying your pc case flat see if the pump noise gose away mine did on the first one and it came str8 back when up right . corsair said it was air in the pump

Back