• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H100 questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Imperatrix

okay so ive owned the h100 awhile now and i had to replace my mobo recently im going 2 be adding 2 more fans to the 100 however i dont use the crappy pump controller as mine don't seem to work anyways im currently wondering how to hook up all the fans considering im out of 3pins on the board, also gonna need to replace the paste any recommendations for both?

You can run all the fans straight from the psu via 3pin to 4pin molex. However the fans will run full speed all the time this way.

As for thermal paste; I've been using Artic Silver Ceramique.

he could just add a fan controller to one of his drive bays there are a few nice digital ones out there that ad a little extra looks to a case=)

what kind of fan controller would you recommend im out of the loop on those :p and is asc better then mx4 or mx2 from AS?

looks like that indigo extreme is dominating the competition :p any of u guys use this?

It's very difficult to get right, and only two uses for $20. Try it, maybe you'll get lucky. You should read up on the tricks peeps do first. It's only a fewC better and really not worth it unless you are at the bleeding edge of temps or like to tear down the PC all the time.

And using an H100 and IE is like having a $5000 transmission in a $1000 Hundai.

yeah im slightly nervous when applying TIM no matter what brand :[ i feel like its the worst part lol

looks like that indigo extreme is dominating the competition :p any of u guys use this?

Some do, but it's really expensive, about $20 (for two mounts, I believe). It's not like regular TIM, you put it on your CPU, put the cooler on top. Start up your computer, disconnect all fans, and put a 100% load on it, watch your temps spike to 90C as the stuff melts, then it flows and makes a perfect seal between your heatsink and CPU.

MX4 would be the way to go for me.

Bad link.

Lots of us use special on line stores for cooling stuff. Jabtech Performance PC's Sidewinders, and more. Hard to find the good stuff at amazon or newegg sometimes.

There is a link of stores in the watercooling forum in the sticky section.

Have you gone to Skinneelabs.com yet? See whats good and bad....yourself.

yea it looks like it would work but would be drawing alot more power from your motherboard headers.

yea went ahead and sucked it up baught the one controller for now

Last edited:
Back