• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H100i and Fan Set Up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boomer0909

Hey Guys,

Been a long time and I have started tinkering again. Currently inbound (due to arrive today) I have the H100i CPU cooler from Corsair.

I am putting it in this case:

NZXT Phantom 410 (series CA-PH401-B3)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146092

couple of questions:

1) Should I expect any trouble with the initial set up?

Currently running my 3570K @ 4.4 GHz and in Prime the temps are getting a bit hot 78-84c with ~1.25 Vcore.

2) What sort of drops in temps should I expect?

3) What would be the optimal fan set up given that i have 3x 120mm & 2x 140mm fans in addition to the H100i.

Thanks in advance.

Boomer

1. None that I know of...
2. No clue. 10C maybe? (Note those temps are fine what you listed)
3. Front/sides = intake, Top/rear = exhaust.

Thanks for the quick reply I hoping to see some good results. My plan is to post a little comparison. I have a 212 currently and it does a fine job. I really want to see how far I can push this chip without going into some crazy cooling solutions.

So far so good. 4.4 Ghz @ 1.25 V is ~ 68c. Just a quick question though if anyone has any experience. I can not get the Link software to launch. I have downloaded and installed numerous times but no dice. I click the link and nothing. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 4.4Ghz at 1.25V 7-4-14.png
    Screen Shot 4.4Ghz at 1.25V 7-4-14.png
    356.5 KB · Views: 140
The Link software may be set to start minimized as the default. If running Win7 go to Show Hidden Icons and look for the Link icon and right click. Towards the bottom of the menu is ShowCorsairLINK. Hope that helps!
Also , be careful unplugging the fan harness from the pump. They are tight and a PITA to get out. It's possible to pull the small PCB right out with the connector. (Don't ask)

I actually didnt use the fans that came with it. I had my own and the ones I used I have plugged into my fan controller. I will check that out though I am using windows 8. Thanks for the reply and happy 4th.

Don't know what OS you have but the Corsair Link software is buggy with Windows 8/8.1. Have you downloaded the beta version of the Link software from Corsair?

Don't know what OS you have but the Corsair Link software is buggy with Windows 8/8.1. Have you downloaded the beta version of the Link software from Corsair?

Running Windows 8.1 Pro and yeah I have tried the Beta a couple times now.

Back