• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED H320 for now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wolfsreign

Registered
Hey everyone, been one of those fence sitters for a long while now,
system:
i5-2500k 3.30Ghz
evga - Gtx670FTW
CM storm case (2009 model? Red Led)

Ive been wanting the H220 since it came out, and its an AIO to where i can always add parts. And with christmas coming up.. free AIO W/C if you know what i mean. :D

Looking back at Swift tech and some reading, the H220 and 320 pumps die quick, so i was thinking of getting the H320 for the rad and (atm its the same price as the 220 until the 18, so i will be buying an AIO the 18th, wether swifttech of some other better for roughly same price.) AND waiting for the pump or until money to buy a better pump/ other parts.
End goal is to full block the 670 and block the CPU in one loop.

:rain::rain:TLDR; wanting to W/C 670+i5, H320 is price of H220 until the 18th, worth it to buy H320 and upgrade pump when it dies?

Thanks guys,
~Wolf

Last edited:
A H320 is going to be just enough radiator for a Cpu and Gpu at stock settings. If you're planning on buying a pump at a later date it sounds like a big waste of money to me. Why not just build a custom loop the right way the first time.

@caddi daddi
from the reading, the seidon's cannot be opened to add additional, i mean i could just cut the lines and use barbs; why i was looking at the H320 first place, to be able to add the 670 Full block.

@Mandrake4565
i agree to the right way first time thing, except at the moment, i have ZERO money :( because of christmas coming up, so why not just get a H320 instead for free as a xmas present?

just stating, swifttech H320 performance rad and cheapest pump is like $180 parts, so thus, to start, i was thinking H320, then when i get money, expand with the right parts the right way. unless there is something better than the 320 for roughtly ~$150 thats as good as cooling and hopefully longer lasting? the price of the seidon, looks nice, but i dont think i can add the 670 later, same as a corsair...?

basically, since im not buying this first step, im trying to be reasonably priced to get my feet and taste buds wet for a bit.
~Wolf

if your going to spend $180 on an all in one, your a good ways along for a custom loop, go look in the classifides in this forum, and 180 will get you 90% there...

if your going to spend $180 on an all in one, your a good ways along for a custom loop, go look in the classifides in this forum, and 180 will get you 90% there...
Needs 100 posts for the classies CD.

wolfsreign, I would just ask for a gift card or money. I fyou really want to foray into water cooling do it right the first time. While that H320 is a nice unit, the problems I hear with almost every AIO H2O unit, just isn't worth it. Also as Mjolnir stated where are you planning on putting a 320 radiator? I doubt it will fit in your case without heavy mods and if you're going to mount it outside you're going to have to disassemble it in order to do so.

There have been too many problem with h20, and the h30. The pump is the problem. Also stay away from the Glacier 240 L.

I have the 240m and it's a joy so far.
my ghetto rigged antec 920 is a cooling beast with plenty of pump for a ghetto rig.
but $180 for an aio??? man start a loop.

man, as bad as I want WC as soon as possible, I'm kicking the H320 to the side. Im just going to have my wife buy my full block then just get $150 instead of the 320 then read into water cooling and select a pump and a Rad for an i5+670 :)
In getting the feeling that if you're spending <$80 an AIO is fine but more than $80 should build a loop.

And doesn't matter if it fits, ill make it work lol self tapping to side cover sounds perfect. xD

man, as bad as I want WC as soon as possible, I'm kicking the H320 to the side. Im just going to have my wife buy my full block then just get $150 instead of the 320 then read into water cooling and select a pump and a Rad for an i5+670 :)
In getting the feeling that if you're spending <$80 an AIO is fine but more than $80 should build a loop.

And doesn't matter if it fits, ill make it work lol self tapping to side cover sounds perfect. xD

Two things:

One, I would personally argue that AIO WC is never worth it over top end air, but I'm not exactly current, so take that with a grain of salt.

Two, I think you're saying you want to mount the rad to the side panel of your case, be careful with that, as it's not designed to support load. What I would recommend instead is to mount it inside the case blowing out the side panel and then cut a hole in the side panel to allow that airflow. JMHO.

Two things:

One, I would personally argue that AIO WC is never worth it over top end air, but I'm not exactly current, so take that with a grain of salt.

Two, I think you're saying you want to mount the rad to the side panel of your case, be careful with that, as it's not designed to support load. What I would recommend instead is to mount it inside the case blowing out the side panel and then cut a hole in the side panel to allow that airflow. JMHO.

lol, thats not what i want to do, it was a lol bc someone said a 320rad may not fit inside, so i was just messing saying to mount it to the side cover. haha. well, top end air for a cpu, wont help a GPU... why im looking at W/C
~wolf

I would go cheap air (cogage true spirit still exist? Hyper 212? I don't know what's around anymore) and then upgrade to real water, in that case. Full disclosure: I'm not all that familiar with the kit that you're looking at, but I can tell from looking at it that, at the very least, that pump/block combo and the lack of res are going to be issues as you build the loop out.

Get a decent air cooler, for now. Make sure it will fit in your case, and that the heat spreaders on your ram won't be in the way.

Back