• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H80 noise problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gamerftw

Registered
Hello my H80 cpu cooler got ****ed and i got a new one and the new one is makeing a very enoying sound. kind of virbating from the pump. Corsair told me to sett the pc on the side for a cupple hours and the noise is much lower when the pc is on the side but its still their. The pc has bin on sideways on the side for 24 hours and once i set it up the noise is back. I have tryed to take the pump off the pc and connect the pump on an other pc and i twisted and change the diraction of the pump but nothing works...... but sometimes when you tap on the pump the sound is gone.
anyone know how to fix it ?

Does it sound like a grinding or more like a gurgling? If the former, the bearings are probably going out. If the latter, it has a large air bubble in the pump.

If the rad hoses are on the top and it bubbles, the loop wasn't full filled properly.

Corsair must be taking a beating on all these RMA's or they are really that cheaply made, at no more than $20 max then shipping, taxes and markups. Maybe they are made by Foxcon rejects at $.10 an hour, dunno.

i have tryed evrything

Well i had the rad pump hoses on top it was noisey and now i have the pump hoses down under the pump still makeing the sound i have the pc on side makes lot less noise but its still there i have had the pc on side for 24 hours and noise is still there when i set the pc upright

I berlive that its a air bubble in the pump but it wont get out ! :mad:

Back