• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Half Life 2 SILVER edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Im still waiting for my FREE HL2. . . I got a free card with a video card I bought. Wonder if HL2 will EVER be out. . . :(

Z

yep definitely holding out on the CS crack until winter break here... seems like there are some gameplay issues to be dealt with anyway from other threads i've read

(but man i've SEEN the detail over my buddy's shoulders... and i'm all like wow!!!)

BTW any word anywhere on what exactly is Half Life 1 Source?

Same game w/ Far Cry level graphix? woo!
Same game w/ new "engine" and same graphics? ehh...
Completely redone game from the ground up? doubt it but????

anybody read up on that?

Chisofnix, it's the second one. They slightly updated some of the textures and added in like nice water effects, but it isn't as good graphically as CS S or HL 2 from pics I saw.....forget where.

Captain Filth said:
Will you be able to get the silver package in retail?

no

i bought the silver package and honestly at times i am sitting home and regretting it :( its been over a week and i still havent been able to download hl2 preload .. on steam forums they said to delete a certain file but preload hangs at one point or another ..

welll look at it this way baqai... you aren't missing out on anything anyone else has got yet...

so hl1 won't be so pretty? well i guess that makes sense... must be tuff to do

still i think i'll play through hl1 again (w/ source) before starting 2 ^^

how many different CS:S maps are out now (the official ones?)

there are no new maps only the ones which came out with official cs:s release, yeah i myself will be playing half life before starting hl2 to get in that frame set ( its been ages since hl1 )

yeah i know i am not missing much but downloading gig's after gig's for nothing on a slow connection ( 16kb/sec ) can be so pain in *** .. i bought a dvdrw and i wanted to backup all the files for future but since i am not able to finish preload i am not able to burn that dvd :rolleyes: i wish they can provide with torrents or http or ftp for downloaoding the GCF files ( i posted that on the steam forums too ) ...

i know there wont be any point in having steam if they provide us with backup links but than again there is no point in having steam when you cant get what you paid for

[subject to editing on moderators discretion]

would it be wrong if i ask some helpful forum member here to rar all the GCF files and host it some place so i can leeh it? :( i mean i have had enough .. i cant play anything because downloading is being done in background, cs:s doesnt have bots :(

[/ubject to editing on moderators discretion]

Back