• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Halo 3 anybody playing on XB360??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What I meant by "overbright" is that stupid effect when you come out of a tunnel and everything is a just hugely over exposed and you can barely make out anything.

I ain't complaining on the cut scenes which are perfecto. In game I still think it needs a touch more AA, can't they activate some TAA or something ATI did help make it.

I think the Shield bar is too high up(maybe my TV's too big and I sit too close). I think that border is a distraction in the HUD.

I know you you guys said they should have changed the ending but that's one thing I like. They took the exact ending from Halo which was funner than fun and they even used the same music god that was great. Am I disappointed in the game? Yea just a little. Do I like the game? Yea I like it.

What I meant by "overbright" is that stupid effect when you come out of a tunnel and everything is a just hugely over exposed and you can barely make out anything.

I ain't complaining on the cut scenes which are perfecto. In game I still think it needs a touch more AA, can't they activate some TAA or something ATI did help make it.

I think the Shield bar is too high up(maybe my TV's too big and I sit too close). I think that border is a distraction in the HUD.

I know you you guys said they should have changed the ending but that's one thing I like. They took the exact ending from Halo which was funner than fun and they even used the same music god that was great. Am I disappointed in the game? Yea just a little. Do I like the game? Yea I like it.

I was going to say the end level was for gameplay not as good as most other sequences, but it was very appropriate since everything comes full circle to the end of Halo 1.

Actually, I think the graphics are a right on par with GoW's, to be honest. The style is different. Some folks like it... some don't. Is Hellboy's graphic illustration better or worse than Spiderman's?... not really... just different. Halo's more stylized, whereas GoW shoots for a touch more realism. I'm very pleased with the game so far. I think I'm almost through the SP campaign. The only thing I'd really like to see them improve graphically, is the dynamic shadows are a bit weak, but aside from that, very nicely done, imo.

So...1600~ kills and 140~ matches later I'm finally a Lieutenant (1st Officer rank)

The grind is starting to wear on my psyche, but i just can't stop. hehe.

I disagree that GoW has better graphics, and I think Halo has more realistic graphics if anything.

I think people just need to adjust to H3 and get over H2... This is exactly what happened when H2 came out... people loved Halo and wanted H2 to be exactly the same. But it wasn't, there were changes and people complained like crazy about the changes cause they weren't willing (or perhaps prepared) to just let go of Halo and move on to bigger and better things! I don't like the pistol, its basically the Halo pistol without the scope and it sucks for dual wielding. The shotgun is exactly the same as the H2 shotgun, which I learned to love. I used to love Halo, don't get me wrong... But when H2 came out I never played Halo again (except for one time just to remember how much better H2 was). Once we get used to the add-ons we will forget our gripes.

well halo 3 doesnt use the u3 engine so can't expect much, they aren't bad though.

sp was a little disappointing(too short), mp for the most part is pretty fun, especially changing game speed and gravity with custom game modes...but it's too bad you can't use the custom game modes on xbl unless you play with friends or recently played with people.

Indeed. It simulates your pupils dilating in different kinds of light, just like when you first walk outside, it's really really bright for a few minutes, until you get adjusted... It's the same thing, and it really adds to the game play since you may get distracted by a glare or have to think more about your attack. There's also a Powerup called a Flare which I'm sure many of you have seen, this illustrates my point greatly.

EDIT: The border in the HUD is there to simulate you looking through a helmet.... I believe Metroid Prime did this?

Last edited:
Back