• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Halo low fps! whats up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Multiplayer on mine runs MUCH better than campaign.

In campaign, I have to turn off every graphics feature and put everything on the lowest settings at 800x600 for it to run smooth when lots of stuff is happening :rolleyes:

Falcon-K said:

maybe im just so close to my monitor compared to my tv that it doesnt look all that good

Yea, if your face is 6" away from the monitor (like most gamers), then the graphics at 800x600 are going to look choppy. Whereas, your tv probably is displaying 640x480, but your 3-4' away from your tv screen. It doesn't look as bad, because you aren't seeing all the jagged edges from that far back.

YellowDart said:

Yea, if your face is 6" away from the monitor (like most gamers), then the graphics at 800x600 are going to look choppy. Whereas, your tv probably is displaying 640x480, but your 3-4' away from your tv screen. It doesn't look as bad, because you aren't seeing all the jagged edges from that far back.
Yep. You'll experience this if you have TV-out (not tuner) on your video card and you hook it up to a TV. I couldn't read anything on mine. However, the DivX movies I have still look great because of the increased resolution :cool:

well i just got back from playing the xbox version on a 65" high definition tv and i think that my memory of halos graphics were a little better than reality...after playing the xbox version i can tell that the pc version is a lot cleaner looking

YellowDart said:

Yea, I think I'll wait for the official release of the 52.14's. I'm curious to see if Omega 52.14's come out, and if they will give a further performance gain.

Omega stopped tweaking nVidia drivers as of 44.03. nVidia didn't like someone messin with their drivers.

Guru3D link

-Bobby

I re-installed my OS and made a choice to only install the 44.03 driver, not the 45.23. What does the Omega version of the driver offer?

Bobby said:
Omega stopped tweaking nVidia drivers as of 44.03. nVidia didn't like someone messin with their drivers.
Nvidia backed off and Omega has returned to tweak another day.

I played through the entire single player campaign and some multi player. The framerate totally chugs indoors for me, but it is much better outside. This is at 800x600 with a lot of settings turned down. I found multiplayer to performs better than SP even while acting as a server.

Check out this thread for some performance tweaking discussion.

Ok this guy was trying to run halo at 1600x1200 with a gf4 ti4600 and is complaining about it running slow?
Can I get a big WTF?

Last edited:
CSaddict said:
I backed off some settings and turned the resolution down to 1280x1024, and my FPS has gone up to an acceptable level so I am going to keep it and give it a chance. Thanks for the repsonses.

Turned down to 1280x1024? No wonder you were having trouble considering your vid card.

EDIT: lag... nice thinking BigRed.

Originally posted by BigRed
Ok this guy was trying to run halo at 1600x1200 with a gf4 ti4600 and is bratting about it running slow?
Can I get a big WTF?
wtf.gif

He must have missed the 13 threads about the game's crappy performance that popped up in the week after release :D

*Edit*

This is utterly uncalled for and will not be tolerated. If the only response you can make is to flame........then don't respond. This will be the only warning on this type of behavior.:mad:

LutaWicasa
Forums Moderator

Aww CSaddict its all good. There was a load of discussion about this but its understandable that you didn't see any of it. I've been in the same situation before. The general sentiment agrees with you, Halo performs far... FAR worse than it really should.

Remember guys were all brothers here. Nothing but love bros, nothing but love :cool:

Er..for one I wasnt flaming, but you were.

2nd this is a fully dx9 game where ut2k3 is dx8. and a console port at that, My 9800pro cant even run it at 1200x1024 smoothly let alone 1600x1200, lol

*Clicks report post to mod*

Last edited:
Gnerma... have you tried the 52.14 dets yet? Or personally know of anybody who has?

Just curious to see how much difference they might make on a mid-range card. 800x600 just don't seem right on a 19" monitor :-/

Originally posted by YellowDart
Gnerma... have you tried the 52.14 dets yet? Or personally know of anybody who has?
No I have not tried them. I'd be interested in the answer to that question myself. The official det 50s are out btw, version number 52.16.

Gnerma said:

No I have not tried them. I'd be interested in the answer to that question myself. The official det 50s are out btw, version number 52.16.

Well fill me full o' lead and call me a pencil! </redneck accent>

I might give these a shot when I get home. If I do, I'll post about them. Thanks for the update. ;)

Back