• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has AMD Destroyed DLSS 3? - FSR 3 Frame Generation Analyzed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

Has some very strange caveats to settings like VSync and VRR that you should set accordingly for best performace/quality (VSync off is broken atm), but overall works well enough even on Nvidia GPUs especially if it manages to cap FPS to monitor's refresh rate. No artifacts, still slightly lower image quality than DLSS, but "falls apart at lower resolutions". Anti-Lag+ doesn't seem to do almost anything for latency with frame generation turned on, but Reflex seems to work ok :shrug:

I can't watch that channel so I'm awaiting Digital Foundry to do their analysis on it. Very curious how it compares in titles that support both. Does the Forespoke demo get the update too? It has got updates in the past... guess I can go check!

Edit: yup, FSR3 FG is enabled in the demo. On my main system (7920X, 4070) I initially tried ultra-high but fps practically died when I turned FSR3 FG on. Dropping to high it worked ok. Nvidia built in overlay reported around 70fps native at around 11-12ms latency. With FG on, that went to around 120fps and 20ms latency. Panning the camera I could see the increased smoothness of background elements. I did notice some fizzle on the main character's hair when FG is on that isn't there when off. Other than that, no new noticeable artefacts. I didn't notice any difference in responsiveness, but this game doesn't control well to my tastes anyway.

Note the game seemed to have a 120fps limit, so I don't know if FG could have gone higher. I think I left VSYNC on, didn't try playing with it.

Edit 2: it's up

Edit 3:
It is a "quick look" not the in depth one I was hoping for. tldw is the FG part looks good (compared to nv) but may be let down by FSR2 not being as good as DLSS2 when used on red. They also commented on vsync/anti-lag observations. In part AMD say these game integrations are based on earlier FSR3 code and there are updates available, so that should get rolled in at some point.

Last edited:
Back