• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone solved the issues to oc'ng the ASUS P9X79 Deluxe w/ 3930k CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

webdevii

I am trying to over clock my ASUS P9X79 with the Intel 3930k cpu 64 GB DDR3 Quad Channel 1600 memory.

Does anyone have any good numbers for over clocking this system.

This is my first time at Over Clocking and want to do it right, or at least get some suggested numbers for AI Tweaker.

I am running a new custom liquid cooling loop ever since my H100 decided to give my system a shower. that is old news I would rather not discuss.

Anyways anything anyone wants to contribute would be greatly appreciated

Thank You in advance. Here are my current specs:

ASUS P9X79 Deluxe
Intel 3930k CPU
64 GB Corsair DDR3 1600 Memory
nVidia 580 GTX GPU
Custom Liquid Cooling loop

Dev

Last edited by a moderator:
Cookie cutter setting may not work as every system is different regardless of the same hardware... that said, its always best to learn what you are doing so you can best manage things when they go wrong, or improve upon them. We do not have a X79 guide here, but a quick trip to google yielded this result that should get you on your way... :)

http://rog.asus.com/tag/x79-oc-guide/

Please report back with questions or any other assistance!!

EDIT: HOly cow, 64GB of ram! DAYUM!

Last edited:
For a cookie cutter setting, you could increase voltage .05V from stock and increase your mutiplier by 2 or 3. That would be pretty likely to just work.

To do it right though, download CPUz and show us screenshots of the main tab, the mainboard tab, the SPD tab, and the memory tab. If you click "go advanced", you can click the "manage attachments" button to upload the screenshots for us here.

Once we see the details of what you are running from CPUz. We can talk more intelligently about your rig specifically, and then you can give us additional screenshots like that as you increase settings and report your results.

Additionally, it would be a good thing to get a program like realtemp, so you can monitor CPU temperatures. As you increase voltage and frequency, you'll want to let us know what temperatures you get while you put a load on the system with prime95 or linx (also free stress test downloads).

We'll be able to judge from the temps, as well as from the stress testing stability, how far we can push your settings, but it would also help if you can give us details of the components in your custom water loop and the fans in use.

Welcome to the forums! :welcome:

Back