• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Having trouble installing the motherboard into the case.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UnrealAlex

So I found where the metalized holes matches the motherboard holes, and I screw on the golden hand screws into the case (no removable tray).
The problem is that the IO Shield (that thing, thats not mine though) has these spokes that point towards the inside of the case and the motherboard doesn't really match up to the holes, it almost does.

My question is do I remove these spokes or just push the motherboard against them? What are they for?

Ugh everything is so delicate I'm afraid Im going to break it.

your motherboard should have come with the appropriate I/O shield, take the one off that came on the case, and use the motherboard one...just bend up the little tabs a bit to get them to fit snugly over the Ethernet/USB/PS2 jacks

smokie mcpott said:
your motherboard should have come with the appropriate I/O shield, take the one off that came on the case, and use the motherboard one...just bend up the little tabs a bit to get them to fit snugly over the Ethernet/USB/PS2 jacks
They should go OVER the jacks? Man I'm so confused -_-'

you need to first remove the I/O shield that came with the case. then you put in the one that came with your mobo. then you install the mobo, making sure all the jacks and ports line up correctly in the I/O plate. if there are tabs, you can bend them after installation to make everything fit more "snugly", as mentioned above

Back