• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD appears in blue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MattsterMH

I'm sure many of you have encountered the same thing (I don't think it's really a problem) but after I formatted my secondary HD in disk management, everything on it (files and folders) appear in a blue color. Is there any way I can get it back to normal?

I'm not positive that this is your issue, but Windows labels all folders and files that are making use of NTFS's built-in compression with a blue color. You can get rid of the blue color by not having the drive's contents compressed.

To do this, right click on the drive in My Computer and select "Properties". Uncheck the "Compress drive to save disk space" box is unchecked. If the box isn't checked, you may have to disable compression on a per-folder basis. Simply go into your drive, highlight all blue folders/files, right click, "Properties". Click the "Advanced" button, and then uncheck the "Compress contents to save disk space".

Hopefully that clears up your problem :)
JigPu

Back