• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hdd ISO creation software?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tweaked1024

Hey all, I'm looking to create an Image/Iso of a hdd that I can store. ( having to reload downloaded games .....well blows). One of my games is like 30Gig. Now I'm one of those that reloads every year or so....yeah a lot of unnecessary work, agreed. But games are getting...uhhem...gotten a lot bigger now.

SO, my question is what software is recommended, free and / or purchase types. I don't mind buying one if it isn't complete overkill.

Thanks.

Do you have another hard drive to back up to? Steam allows you to backup all its games (and split them in 4.7GB chunks if you like for easy DVD burning). Personally I use Steam Mover and just keep games I'm not playing on a 1TB drive. If I ever have to reinstall, all I have to do is move everything over, backup the symbolic link folders, and drop them back in after Windows is installed.

Hmm that I didn't know about steam. Ok, definately havto look into that and thx.
I play swtor and it's huge. I do have a 1tb drive that I keep user stuff on. I use a 128gb ssd for windows and certain games, and a 320 for other games as well. Other than windows backup, are there other options such as imaging or ISO I can do though. I just wanna get my options clear, if I havto change the way things are that's fine. Btw, sky rim..didn't pay attention and am now a vampire....lol

You can use Alcohol 120% to make ISO images. VirtualDrive Pro is another option

One of the oldest, most reliable and easiest to use is TeraByte Image.

Unfortunately it is not free. http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-windows.htm

I would Like to know whats wrong with Acronis ?? and i did take a fast look at the manual for the link you have provided it looks to me a solid Program but it does not support 64X bit i could be mistaking

ctqv.jpg

Tweaked1024 are you looking for free software like most or otherwise?
RGone...

RGone- I wanted to get an idea of each then decide. Well I was looking at my new mb, asus Maximus hero, and daemon tools pro comes with it. Standard edition. Gota research that, but yeah I'd like something free for the current build at least, ssd is a couple yrs old ATM and need to get prepared and backed up.

And thx everyone.

It specifically says X64 versions of Windows are supported, Firas.

As a matter of fact TeraByte Image is made for pretty much everything, DOS, Linux, all versions of Windows, 32-Bit and 64-Bit. They make software which works on every machine used by most, if not all people reading this forum.

It specifically says X64 versions of Windows are supported, Firas.

As a matter of fact TeraByte Image is made for pretty much everything, DOS, Linux, all versions of Windows, 32-Bit and 64-Bit. They make software which works on every machine used by most, if not all people reading this forum.

Ok Great than i will give it a try

Please not that i wint to the Link you have provided immediately and tried to read the manual so first thing i read was system requirement :D

The other thing i would Like to ask is i am using Acronis nonstop , is there a big difference here between the 2 ?

thank you for your reply you can remove my post if you Like so we dont get other members confused like me :bday::bday:

I think I will do a review comparing Acronis to TeraByte Image soon.

I would have done it already but Symantec did not give us their product to review, they did not reply to our request and I wanted to include their software when comparing Acronis and TeraByte Image.

RGone- I wanted to get an idea of each then decide. Well I was looking at my new mb, asus Maximus hero, and daemon tools pro comes with it. Standard edition. Gota research that, but yeah I'd like something free for the current build at least, ssd is a couple yrs old ATM and need to get prepared and backed up.

And thx everyone.

Best Free Drive Cloning Software

I use that site very frequently to look at what is what in freeware. As long as they have editors for all the many pieces they investigate and comment on...they are generallly up to date on free apps.

I like the way that particular "area" editor states his case and gives his statement about human bias. Human nature 101.

Their 'so-called' top rated Macrium Reflect is what I am using now. It does not mess with my aligned partitions when I "put" the image back to the SSD or HDD. Critical in SSDs for certain.

Down toward the end of his 'elaboration' he mentions a Tool Tip. Good advice for sure. I keep EasyBCD handy on Usb stick in case of problems.

Anyway I linked their ranking and testing of free imaging proggies. Hope it gives some help.
RGone...

I think I will do a review comparing Acronis to TeraByte Image soon.

I would have done it already but Symantec did not give us their product to review, they did not reply to our request and I wanted to include their software when comparing Acronis and TeraByte Image.

That would be great but if it is a Hassle dont worry i will just try TeraByte Image for a few days

Not My wife is starting to hate me coz i come from work and i am stuck on this website she is jealous

But what can i do i LOVE THIS WEBSITE :thup::thup:

Nice guys and RGone! Thanks a bunch. I have seen a lot of stickies on the site, and love them of course. Are things of this sort on one somewhere? Maybe one named CYA. Hehe.

Now to get to work....sigh, the wife ain't gonna like it, but honey I Have to backup all your pics of the grand kids...that'll work.

Many games do not require a installation. You can move the directory around and even move the entire game from one drive to another and it'll run just fine. Have you considered simply moving those games that you can do this with to another drive (like with Steam games) or using Winrar/Winzip/7zip for those games?

I ran terabyt it is a very nice program im keeping it it has many options very EZ to use

thanks 4 the recomndation

Back