• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

!HDD removal durring windows?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
su root said:

You sure about this? In order for electricity to do any harm, it must ground to complete the circuit and allow electricity to flow.. the only thing that it can ground to would be the ground pins.. (or, should it be overly dry or humid in the room, then it could ground through the dry or wet air).

The only problem that I could see is that when you connect it, the ground pin just touches it as you are plugging it in, when the connection surface is too small, and you could get electrons arcing gap to the ground, causing heat, melting, and other nasty stuff.

If you use an appropriate, certified hotswap harddrive bay with a hotswap certified harddrive, then there should be no problems.

I used a non-certified removeable bay when I was doing it, and ran into no problems (other than system hickups)

eh, i think i may have been half right... here is my source of info that i read this from a while ago:
http://www.lostcircuits.com/advice/sata150/8.shtml

Back