• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[HDMI - DVI]Ati 4870 + Insignia 19 LCD resolution Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkclock

Registered
Hello fellow overclocks,

I just recently acquired a new Insignia NS - LCD19 Tv that i have hooked up to my ATI 4870 card. I hooked up HDMI from the tv input to DVI on the card. This is working fine, but i can't seem to find a good resolution to fit the LCD TV monitor, so it doesn't have any interference with Digial signal going over HDMI - DVI. I also have a Dell LCD 19 monitor connected DVI - DVI on my ATi 4870 card, so this is dual monitor setup. The Dell LCD Monitor looks more crisp then the Wide screen Insignia Tv monitor.

What i have tried: When into Control pannel --> Screen resolution -->
Tried changing the resolution to 1920 X 1028 .. This resolution works fine, but when i drag a window it seems to be larger than the Dell monitors resolution.

Also went into the AMD catalyst control center and messed around with the monitor resolution in "My digital Flat panel settings" Changing resolution to 720p 60hz . work with no interference to the digital signal. Tried 1080i 25hz or 30z. works, but it has a little fuzzy display. Like the window is constantly trying to refresh. 720 60hz .. the windows are bit to large for my preference.

My question is: how can I setup up the Insignia LCD 19 widescreen and the Dell 19 LCD monitor correctly to output a nice native resolution matching both monitors.

Here is my secondary monitor i am using:
http://www.insigniaproducts.com/products/televisions/NS-LCD19.html
Main monitor is just a Dell LCD 19 monitor.

Let me know thanks!:comp:

-Darkclock

16:10 tells me its going to have a weird resolution, though it says 720p doesnt make sense as it seems to not be a widescreen

16:10 tells me its going to have a weird resolution, though it says 720p doesnt make sense as it seems to not be a widescreen

Yeah that is why I'm having a trouble getting a display that fits the whole screen :( Its weird when i go to desktop background and set a wallpaper center it goes full screen, but when i change it to sketch or full it centers the wallpaper which i am guessing i don't have the right resolution setup yet.

I believe the default wide screen res for that screen is 1440x900 @ 60Hz.
You also might try 1200x768 @ 60Hz that's closer to the 720P.
You might give that a try and see how it works

I believe the default wide screen res for that screen is 1440x900 @ 60Hz.
You also might try 1200x768 @ 60Hz that's closer to the 720P.
You might give that a try and see how it works

I still seem to have fuzzy display when i set it to 1600 - 900 which it seems is the correct display for that Tv.

Also is there a easy way to configure the color and quality of the picture to match the crisp picture of the Dell LCD monitor perhaps in the Amd catalysis control center?

That TV runs at 1440 x 900 Native. You must use that res to get it to look right.

Z

What about the settings in AMD catalyst can you give me some good configuration recommendations to match the picture of both monitors and get the best picture out of the ATI -4870 card?

What the monitors are set too currently
Dell monitor 1920 X 1080 @ (60hz) .. and Insignia 1440 x 900 @ (30hz).

The insignia 19" works with no picture scanning problems, but every time i maximize a window. The "close" , "min", and "maximize" are off screen. Is there any option in windows 7 to always keep the windows on top and not over the screen.

IN the Catalyst software, there should be a section for the resolution. Look for the one that says 1440x900 (optimized) or something similar. That will compensate for overscan on the TV. Even though the TV is native 1440x900, its actually showing around 1400x860 or so. TVs have a lot of issues with PC video cards as to how to handle Overscan. You may also want to check the TV aspect settings. I know Samsung TVs have an option called JustScan which removes the overscan issue.

Back