• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this really a Computer Monitor? Samsung Smart Monitor M5 & M7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AnimeMania

Samsung Adds Tizen Smarts to Computer Display for a ‘Do-It-All’ Monitor
https://news.samsung.com/us/samsung-announces-world-first-doitall-new-lifestyle-smart-monitor/

The Smart Monitor will come in two models and a couple different screen sizes. First, the M5 maxes out at 1080p resolution and will be available in 27- and 32-inch options. The step-up model is known as the M7 and boasts a 4K, 32-inch screen. All models support high-dynamic range via the HDR10 standard.

Connections: HDMI 2.0 (2x), USB 2.0 (2x), WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2

The "Computer Displays" contain Tizen-powered smart TV features

My question is what distinguishes a Computer Display/Monitor from a TV?

Is it only that it doesn't have a TV Tuner, something that is not always relevant for most TV these days? OK I think i just answered my own question.

To me it is mostly the ports that they include, VGA, DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI, etc. I know a lot of newer Monitors don't have a lot of ports, but I think they should have both DisplayPort and HDMI.

Can G-Sync even work without DisplayPort?

I am confused, what do you think is required to call a display a computer monitor?

Back