• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Head On- Apply Directly to Your Forehead -Head On-Apply Directly to your Forehead...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hahaha i was annoyed when i saw it on tv too...WhyTF would they repeat it 3 times....:(

ilikepie said:
Where do i apply it?

i was wondering the same thing?

i bought some and applied to to the sole's of my feet, but when i tried to walk out of the bathroom i slipped and hit my head and now i have a headache

sure wish this stuff worked for that:(

I was just at CVS and I saw these on the shelf, I looked around and found some hairspray bottles that were bigger than these headon boxes stacked in a row of 12, I then stacked a row of 12 hairspray bottles in front of each and every Headon box, now nobody will see them. No law that says I can't rearrange products on the shelf... :santa:

lemings said:

Poor guy :( Hes fallen into the trap.

OMG!!! That's great
exclaim.gif

Attachments

• Headon.jpg
    Headon.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,309
Silversinksam said:
I was just at CVS and I saw these on the shelf, I looked around and found some hairspray bottles that were bigger than these headon boxes stacked in a row of 12, I then stacked a row of 12 hairspray bottles in front of each and every Headon box, now nobody will see them. No law that says I can't rearrange products on the shelf... :santa:

That's hilarious.. :beer:

So far, only noticed this commercial on The Weather Channel.

"Head On, apply directly to the forehead, Head On, apply directly to the forehead, Head On, apply directly to the forehead." LOL.

I thought that I would be the first one here to notice this.

Someone posted about this before me! What a coincidence!

First time I saw this commercial I was on Vacation. And I barley watched TV on vacation, but still I somehow managed to see the commercial a good 6-8 times.

And what I loved most about the commercial is that you have to figure out what the product is for. the only thing it says is "Headon - Apply directly to the forhead"
Nothing about it's uses.
And I'll admit that I had to ask what it even was used for the first time I saw the commercial. :)

EDIT: I'll say one thing though, it's a decent marketing idea...cause that phrase sticks in your head. I'll bet the next time you have a headache you'll think, "Headon - Apply directly to the head" ...and then you'll pop your Ibuprofen or Aleve :)

Classic advertising - the 'hammer' approach. This was more popular in the 50's and 60's in the early days of TV but it quickly lost popularity (it's like the pop-up ad of old media, popular in the early years but quickly became despised). Basically just hammer people with a simple message and it burns into the psyche! Sickening, but it works. I've been noticing this with diet pills too on Adult Swim. They'll play the same 10 second loop three times in a row during a 30 second spot. I must admit the modern variations are way more blatant than the classic versions.

When you can't beat them creatively with truly great advertising, go the other way and use the 'hammer'!

BTW that spoof was great, I'm passing that around my office!

--Illah

oh hell yeah, i'm buying one tonight to cure morning hangover headaches.

- three minutes of head on goodness :D. Now you don't have to hit the playbutton every time it stops :D A longer version. We should do a test and make someone listen to this looped all day long, and see what kind of effects it would have :D.

I only just saw the thread now... but I must say I've seen that advert 10+ times now. I was very confused the first time or so, then that moved to hysterical laughing, then back to being confused (as to how people can be that crazy to make something so stupid), and now I'm in the purely annoyed stage.

PS - the weather channel must love HEAD ON, and it likes to couple it with some shampoo and another commercial that I can't recall at all...

Silversinksam said:
My tv is about to malfunction if I see that Head On commercial on TV one more time. This commercial makes me want to shoot my television. I've never thought about killing my TV until I started seeing this commercial.

Even if this product was the cure all for every disease known to man, I would never buy it as the commercial is starting to get to me
censored.gif

haha, I was actually just gonna post a thread about this, I cant stand it!! Everytime it comes on I just get angry for some reason.

Now they have a hemroid one, I forget how it goes exactly, but its the same idea.

lemings said:
- three minutes of head on goodness :D. Now you don't have to hit the playbutton every time it stops :D A longer version. We should do a test and make someone listen to this looped all day long, and see what kind of effects it would have :D.
They'd probably get a pretty bad headache.:bang head

god what the crap! i havent heard a more annoying commercial since

"ZANTREX 3 YES ZANTREX 3!"

Ive been hearing this commercial on the radio for months now (just now was the first time Ive ever seen a tv commercial). Ive noticed it seems to be a trend these days making commercials for one medical fix or another and talking about how "everybody has heard of it!" and "its so great at what it does!"....but they never tell you what the hell it does. In my opinion it defeats the purpose of the commercial. Hell, I thought headon was for balding *shrug* Not gonna bother looking for a product when i dont know what it does and my usual does the job just fine

Evnas said:
Ive been hearing this commercial on the radio for months now (just now was the first time Ive ever seen a tv commercial). Ive noticed it seems to be a trend these days making commercials for one medical fix or another and talking about how "everybody has heard of it!" and "its so great at what it does!"....but they never tell you what the hell it does. In my opinion it defeats the purpose of the commercial. Hell, I thought headon was for balding *shrug* Not gonna bother looking for a product when i dont know what it does and my usual does the job just fine

although i applaud your commons sense approach to thinking, women dont usually go bald like us guys do. i know some do, its just that i never wouldve
thought of this as a baldness cure that you "apply directly to forehead!"

lemings said:

Two words, Spontaneous Combustion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back