• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Headphone & Speakers Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hazak012

Hi all,

I just built a new PC, I am trying to find a way to have my headset plugged in the front jacks and my speakers in the back one. I want to be able to communicate via my headphones and listen to music via my speakers at the same time. However i cannot find a way to do so, any suggestions?

Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
PSU: Corsair 650W
Case : Azza Solano 1000
CPU: i7-950 3.06 GHz
Gpu : Nvidia GTX560
Mb: Evga X58 SlI3

Headset: TurtleBeach x11

I'm not sure that's possible. Why not put all the sound through the headset?

Are you using on-board audio?

If so you are going to have to set the inputs and outputs separately using the realtek panel:

realtek4.png

Yeah that's what I did, the sound will only play threw the jack I set as default one. It will Also play both of the audios on the same device : Music + Chat .

interface00123.png
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Last edited:
you generally need two sound cards for that

Agreed. For example I have WinAMP and XBMC set to play through the ATI HDMI audio ports on my TV/computer screen and everything else defaults to my Asus soundcard which I have my headset plugged into. Works well.

Another thing to remember is that if you have a USB headset, that actually installs its own USB audio card, usually CMedia. You could do the same thing with that though it would be a let down in gaming compared to a card with EAX and analog headphones.

Ah alright, got to take a run to the store the then!

Thanks for your concern.

Back