• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hello ALL new here THX google lol Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Let's not put the cart before the horse... I think people add like 10-15C from Coretemp to get temperatures... with that, you are still fine so I dont, at this time and assuming the offset I said is right, see the need to get another cooler.

Keep your pants on until someone can clarify on the temps and where you stand.

Let's not put the cart before the horse... I think people add like 10-15C from Coretemp to get temperatures... with that, you are still fine so I dont, at this time and assuming the offset I said is right, see the need to get another cooler.

Keep your pants on until someone can clarify on the temps and where you stand.

This.

I am its just temps seem a odd bit strange to me. I had the 965 same out in a micro ATX board in small tower old HP case and it just ran alot cooler. I'm talking 10 to 15c cooler with only one rear fan. That was stock on there. That was the other PC I built on it. One thing I have noticed though. After fiddling around with Heat sink I retightened the bolts a little bit more the Heatsink was wiggleable which is wrong it still kinda is actually. I dont want to over tighten the bolts and I break somthing mind you this is with PC turned off and Power drained on it.

"965 same out"? Huh? You talking the AMD 965 BE CPU? If so, you cant compare CPU temps like that. Completely different architecture even.

Ya the 965 BE CPU sorry dont know why I put same in there. I figured with this would probly raise temps on CPU buy 5-10 give or take not like it is now though. This CPU is giving me such a migrane why I am messing up with words.

But CPU Heatsink shouldnt be able to move at all correct? This one is I am woundering if its defective or Maybe I messed it up putting it in. Either way tonight I'm gonna reapply and reinstall all of it to see how it goes and check temps just waiting on AMD pros to come online to see if this is how this Chip runs.

Ya the 965 BE CPU sorry dont know why I put same in there. I figured with this would probly raise temps on CPU buy 5-10 give or take not like it is now though. This CPU is giving me such a migrane why I am messing up with words.

But CPU Heatsink shouldnt be able to move at all correct? This one is I am woundering if its defective or Maybe I messed it up putting it in. Either way tonight I'm gonna reapply and reinstall all of it to see how it goes and check temps just waiting on AMD pros to come online to see if this is how this Chip runs.

It should be fairly solid..

Again, you cant assume or extrapolate anything from a completely different CPU. So 'fuhgetaboutit'. :p

Wait for the AMD peeps to come in here and tell you how to read coretemp or the right program to use for the FXxxxx CPUs. :)

Again, you cant assume or extrapolate anything from a completely different CPU. So 'fuhgetaboutit'. :p

Wait for the AMD peeps to come in here and tell you how to read coretemp or the right program to use for the FXxxxx CPUs. :)

That's a good show.:popcorn:

It should be fairly solid..

Correct Thing I dont like about this CPU cooler is in the middle there is only one Lip circular on it. Hence why you can wiggle it I would think they would put 2 on there to prevent it from moving back and forth.

Correct Thing I dont like about this CPU cooler is in the middle there is only one Lip circular on it. Hence why you can wiggle it I would think they would put 2 on there to prevent it from moving back and forth.

Put a delta on it and see if it makes it fall off. :D

Ready to throw some duct tape on there and some Chicken wire. Oh that right its not like my car :)

First off 65C is not good for AMD chips. IF you see 65 kill the machine. Load temps shouldnt reach above 60c; for stability you need to be somewhere around the 55C mark.

The first thing I would do, is remount the CPU cooler. Take off any TIM there, apply the proper amount, most have gone to the spread method but some still prefer the pea size drop.

2nd off, flip the top case fan to push more air into the chassis.

3rd, try some wiring management in your case. That really can help temperatures.

To answer your question on the different temp readings. AI Suite reads from a different sensor for the cpu than what Coretemp or even OCCT use. Core temp reads the exact temps from the cpus, AI Suite reads a thermal sensor near the cpu. My AI Suite COU temp is typically warmer by 3C during idle and then lags behind when I stress the pc.

Btw, any chance of gettings pics, that would be a big help in letting us see what you are working with.

I reapllied the Thermal paste and It dropped it by 3C so now when I run Prime95 I get at most 62C once I hit 59 I usally Stop the stress test I ordered the noctu or how ever you spell it to see if that helps.

I also ordered 3 more Case fans 140s to help with Airflow at currently I have 4 2 intakes 2 exausts but I cant close my case atm anyways due to the 212 blocking it. I already ordered a NZX case that has more fans and better Cable managment.

I use the Pea size method I have also tried the grain of rice method. I have put other CPU's in other machines and have never ever had a problem either they all run just fine. Swampdonkey we have almost Identical machines I am just watining on my Nactua to arrive and will Try the that heatsink. I think its because how the 212 bolts on really.

I use the Pea size method I have also tried the grain of rice method. I have put other CPU's in other machines and have never ever had a problem either they all run just fine. Swampdonkey we have almost Identical machines I am just watining on my Nactua to arrive and will Try the that heatsink. I think its because how the 212 bolts on really.

ic ic. you are probably right. the 212 isnt bolting properly. the noctua is a good cooler. just make sure you have the original back plate or it wont install. alot of people throw the backplate out lol.

ic ic. you are probably right. the 212 isnt bolting properly. the noctua is a good cooler. just make sure you have the original back plate or it wont install. alot of people throw the backplate out lol.

Yup I save everything That I take off any of my Computers I even save the ties that come with cords drives my wife crazy.

Fedex said should be here today but I'm doubting it we shall see though. Only thing got me kinda worried is that its so heavy.

Yup I save everything That I take off any of my Computers I even save the ties that come with cords drives my wife crazy.

Fedex said should be here today but I'm doubting it we shall see though. Only thing got me kinda worried is that its so heavy.

no heavier than the other top notch air coolers. mine has never give me any trouble cept for when i was first installing it lol. mounting screws would not latch onto the nubs and start mounting the heatsink.

Back