• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

helo needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yogs1528

i am not able to oc my pc above 3.6 ghz and whenever i try to do that my pc restarts or gives me a blue screen .....and i also need to oc my gpu but the bios is very confusing i read somewhere that i need to increase the voltage but there are so many voltage options i am so confused dont know what to do ? please help

MOBO > ga-890gpa ud3h rev 2.0
CPU > amd phenom 1090t black edition 3.2 ghz + cooler master v10 cpu cooler
MEMORY > gskill 2x2gb ddr3
POWER SUPPLY > 850 + 450 two power supply corsair
VIDEO CARD > ati radeon 5770 1gb ddr5
HDDs > 500 gb x 3 + 320 gb x1
BURNERS > external dvd writer transcend
SOUND DEVICE > Onboard
USB > 500 gb external drive + hp b110a printer + logitech web cam
O/S > Win 7 ulimate 64x

i just multiplied the core x18 and that oc's my cpu at 3.6 ghz and works like a charm but if i increase it to x19 it doesnt boot

First of all thanks a lot for the link i got to know a lot which i wasn't aware about.

Now i will tell you what i did ......

First i increased and multiplied the core as i have a BE processor ....
i multiplied the processor *18 without increasing the NB or the HTT and it worked then i increased the the NB and the HTT *12 each to take them to 2.4ghz and then incresed the cpu *19 to make it 3.8ghz but it crashed again :(

increasing the NB and HTT as shown in the chart i increased it till what is needed to be at 3.8 ghz still it didnt work ......do i also need to increase the voltage ?

Set the CPU-NB voltage to 1.175v and the cpu voltage (vcore) to 1.4v.
If you are stable, lower the vCore by one notch and so on until you reach unstability under Prime95 (stress test).

The higher the OC, the more vCore you need.

You need monitoring programs like AMD overdrive to keep an eye on your core temps (don't go above 55°C) and cpu voltage.

:) yup done and working thanks a lot :)

what is the maximum i can overclock my cpu ?

and how can i oc my gpu ? is it the same way ?

You have been a great help thanks a ton :)

was planning to buy a new processor intel i7 core to extreme what are your thought about it ?

I know i am asking a lot of questions but its just for precaution so that i dont end up crashing anything .....

evrey cpu is different.
There is no way to know unless you try.
Don't go over 1.5v with your Deneb, as there is no heatsink on your MoBo mosfets and they could burn (plop!!!).

Overclocking a GPU is a different thing. No bios tweak, but utilities like MSI Afterburner or Sapphire Trixx.

Regarding the upgrade, it depends on what you do with your computer.
SandyBridge-E I7 extreme series are expensive and usefull only if you do heavy multithreading.
However, a 2500/2600K is much enough.

Back