• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Asap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
comment regarding the monitor light: when you have the monitor plugged into something--if it isnt getting a signal, the lights go yellow; however...I have noticed that if you turn a computer off, and leave the monitor on long enough for it to go yellow, and then proceed to unplug the tower from the monitor, that somehow generates a singal or charge of some sort, because all the sudden the light will go green and the monitor will come out of standby mode. So to sum up how my statement affects your situation, it means that your monitor is okay, but it isnt getting a singal from your card - either due to a shorted wire in the cord, a dead video card, or other system malfunction that would stop it from posting.

welll I just brought it to my friends house and checked my vid card in his pc, my memory in his pc, and his vid card in mine and nothing worked. I'm pretty sure I killed the motherboard, so I'm RMA'ing to newegg... anyone know how long the turnaround usually is?

I believe this is the time when people come in with the, "you broke it, you bought it" and post a link to the thread about RMAing things you break.

You screwed up, you have to pay for the damage. If you RMA it, then we all have to pay for it in higher costs and so forth.

upstreamcurrent said:
I believe this is the time when people come in with the, "you broke it, you bought it" and post a link to the thread about RMAing things you break.

You screwed up, you have to pay for the damage. If you RMA it, then we all have to pay for it in higher costs and so forth.
It doesn't sound like he broke it... Unless he used a NB block.

eXCeSS said:

Thanks Excess!

Cryix: He said he was watercooling his CPU and GPU. Also, it leaked, so unless the tubing or a block was defective from Koolance, then he did break it. I don't want to sound like a jerk here. If the tubing or block was defective, then I think he would have a case to have whatever broke, replaced or refunded by koolance, but a leak test would have probably been wise. Point is, that if the leak was his fault, then he broke it and if it is koolance's fault, then he shouldn't be RMAing to newegg, he should be talking to koolance.

That's just my 2 cents, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but RMAing stuff you break isn't cool.

Last edited:
upstreamcurrent said:
Thanks Excess!

Cryix: He said he was watercooling his CPU and GPU. Also, it leaked, so unless the tubing or a block was defective from Koolance, then he did break it. I don't want to sound like a jerk here. If the tubing or block was defective, then I think he would have a case to have whatever broke, replaced or refunded by koolance, but a leak test would have probably been wise. Point is, that if the leak was his fault, then he broke it and if it is koolance's fault, then he shouldn't be RMAing to newegg, he should be talking to koolance.

That's just my 2 cents, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but RMAing stuff you break isn't cool.
He said that he didn't think the water landed on any hardware... And when blocks leak, the water usually pools on the vid card and doesn't affect the mobo. (It happenned to me twice). So it sounds to me like it wasn't his fault. But yeah, if he did break the mobo, he shouldn't RMA it.

Note: This was my friend's thread, but I believe the CPU block from Koolance was defective as it didn't leak from the tub but rather dripped from the block itself.

Moony349 said:
Note: This was my friend's thread, but I believe the CPU block from Koolance was defective as it didn't leak from the tub but rather dripped from the block itself.
Yeah, than he should take up the issue with koolance, NOT Newegg.

Moony349 said:
except koolance isn't going to replace his mobo.
I would think they should atleast pay for it... But in the end, it really was your friend's fault. He failed to properly leak test the loop and now he has to pay the price. There is no way that Newegg is responsable for him killing the board he bought from them. How would you like it if your friend bought the board from you, killed it, then refused to pay for the board?

Actually, I checked in my users manual. I didn't spend a lot of time doing it, but I didn't see anything about leaktesting it in there at all. All it says is to unplug the ATX power when you fill it, but I don't have the exos, I have the full case so it could be different. If the waterblock did leak and it wasn't the way he put the tubing on, he could have a case with koolance.

upstreamcurrent said:
Actually, I checked in my users manual. I didn't spend a lot of time doing it, but I didn't see anything about leaktesting it in there at all. All it says is to unplug the ATX power when you fill it, but I don't have the exos, I have the full case so it could be different. If the waterblock did leak and it wasn't the way he put the tubing on, he could have a case with koolance.
They don't tell you to leak test!?!?! :eek: :eek: That's madness! Anyway, if the block itself leaked, then yes, I'd expect that koolance would pay for board.

Call Koolance - see what they say - dont be terribly optimistic, but hey, they market the stuff to beginners, so I am sure they hear enough of this same thing - - and you do have a stronger case if their block was definitely faulty - if they say 'tough' then tell them that you want the name of someone in corporate that you can send the block to with a list of the hardware that it killed. Corporate people generally dont like to be annoyed, so their assistants just weed out stuff like this; just writing checks, giving replacements, giving coupons, and other stuff to satisfy them.

Back