• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! BIOS hotflash awry!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Packrat

I was attempting to hotflash a friend's BIOS (both of us with NF7-S rev. 2.0) as he flashed the wrong vers BIOS. I started with my chip, put in his, went into AWDFLASH with the cc /cd /cp /py arguments with the NF7D_26.bin file. I start the flash, and the "Please Wait!" message was flashing. This goes on for about 20 seconds, when a string of black characters with a green background write across the screen. They are as follows: "1200000F(lots of "F"'s) 59F90175F8F8E17C". We cannot figure out the problem, and yes, I am running at stock speed for this flash.

::EDIT:: Tried it with his board, and no seemingly random characters. However, it's been flashing "Please Wait!" for the last half hour.

Last edited:
i've found the easiest way to hotflash is to do it from within windows using winflash..... i've been able to hotflash bios in windows that I couldn't hotflash in dos..... just my two cents....

Back