• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP: Can't Upload Files Larger Than 50mb Via FTP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

setotitan

I just setup some space on an external drive so I could use it for remote storage. I'm using Tomato firmware, for my FTP, and everything appears to be in working order. I'm using CuteFTP and anytime I try to upload a file larger than 50mb I get a "Temporary completion problem reply." error. I tried doing it through Win7 and I still can't seem to upload a file larger than 50mb without it timing out. I looked up possible explanation and it mentioned timeout issues, the only timeout setting I have in Tomato is Idle Timeout: 300 sec and I'm getting my error messages in 5-8 seconds, and I don't think it's the Idle Timeout. I've uploaded a couple hundred mb's worth of info, I deleted all of it and then retried to make sure it wasn't a weird size issue. Regardless looking for some ideas on why this could be, thanks!

I'm guessing by tomato you mean you are running that on your router? What ftp server are you using?

Are you using active or passive ftp?

Where are you trying to upload it to? A lot of hosting company's limit file size of uploads to deter file storage. locally I have no problem with large FTP's nor with my host.

I didn't know tomato could act as an FTP server....interesting.

You might have better luck (for this particular instance) posting a thread at the tomato forums, as the likelyhood of finding an expert in that firmware here is much lower.

I have used Tomato before but don't quite see the big picture here yet. Could also be the FTP daemon I personally use "vsfptd"

I think he has his router acting as an FTP server writing and reading to an external hard drive that he has attached.

You got it, that's what's going on. I guess checking on the Tomato forums might have been a better first step. Thanks!

Back