• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help choosing replacement fan for 1080GTX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J☼E

My PNY dual fan 1080gtx has a dead fan, the fans are 85mm, they are 12V .40A, the only replacement fans I can find in the correct dimensions are .50A, I would like to plug these fans into the fan headers on the card, would It be a problem to run these fans?

How many wires/pins do the replacement fans have? Many video card fans are only two pin. Whenever I try something like you are considering I inevitably run into connector incompatibility problems. Ofttimes, however, a little wire splicing so as to be able to use the original connector will do the trick. All you need is a hot and a ground wire.

I ended up just typing the part number from the back of the fan in google, I found a direct replacement but it’s shipping from China so it will be a few weeks before it arrives

Back