• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help deciding weither to go external or internal...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ooh thanks Mustanley, and it seems with that I need to do some heavy garage work... but I have no torch... Seems a little out of my hand haha. But that could just be with that rad... I need to shop around the auto stores around here and see what I can come up with.

FYI, I'm using the 2-302 (77' bonneville w/AC) and 1/2" ID tubing fits right over the existing heater core tubing with no work required. You can fashion a shroud out of just about anything. I even used a cardboard box... cut out both sides and attached the heater core to one side and two fans to the oter.

Yea, my first shroud was out of foam board... it sucked and did not work that well. My current one is from this... stuff... I'm not sure what its called, but its bascilly thin particle board, made out of paper instead of wood particles. I'll have pics for it latter this week when I convert my system back over to watercooling.

Swiftech MCR 220 fits up top nicely.I just need some new tubing to set up mine.Ill post some pic's when i finish it.Im hoping saturday or sunday ill have it installed.I have a D5 and a MCR 220 and a Black Ice Pro+RadBox and a Swiftech MicroRes and some of Clear CoolSleeve.Question were can i get chrome barb's for the Black Ice and the swiftechMCR 220. And what are the thread size's.

Last edited:
Hrm the Swiftech MCR 220 looks like a nice rad, tell me how you plan on setting it up! Also does it allow you to mount it on say... the top of the case as in my configuration? Or must it be a back/internal mount?

It can go either way but im going with it inside and mounted up top.It wont fit under the topcover without mod's.And the Black Ice Pro will be mounted outside with Swiftechs Radbox

Last edited:
It can go either way but im going with it inside and mounted up top.It wont fit under the topcover without mod's.And the Black Ice Pro will be mountede outside with Swiftechs Radbox

How much clearance is there between the top cover and the top of the case?

I want to get a COSMOS (and realize this is a different case, but perhaps the clearance is similar?) and am wondering this. I guess I can always just leave the top off or cut off some of the top for clearance if needed.

My vote is for the Bonneville HC too. I've got a pair of Delta's on one cooling a 7900 GTX and a pair of Opty's - OC'ed, of course. The Opty's are running ~17°C over ambient at SETI load. And there's no need to mess around with soldering this or that - my 1/2" tubing fits right over the 1/2" copper tubes coming out of the HC just as Mustanley's do. It's simple, easy, cheap, and efficient. The shroud is made out of 1/8" foam-board and 3M shipping tape, which can be painted if you prefer. Mounting is easy using cheap bolts from the hardware store ...

Last edited:
Back