• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help finding a fan controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mspiredm3

Registered
Looking for a fan controller that has enough watts to handle a high CFM Delta or San Ace fan, has PWM control, and has some kind of display for voltage/RPM.

Can you guys suggest one?

Thanks in advance! :thup:

BUMPING someone else's thread.. thats so nice! Thanks!

Check out the lamptron line of fan controllers.

EDIT: Ok I see why you did that, because you asked a remotely similar question! W00t!

EDIT: Ok I see why you did that, because you asked a remotely similar question! W00t!

Checking them out now. What is the max watts a Delta fan pulls during start up? Anyone?

Something like this fan, this fan would draw 36watts correct? 12v * 3amps = 36watts? Correct? If so, Lamptron doesn't have a controller with anything over 30watts that has a voltage/rpm reading.

You remembered! :)

Anyways, a small question about the wattage. V*A=W
So I just looked up a fan, the Akasa Apache, 12V and 0.33A which equals about 4W, am I right? 3A at one of your mentioned fans would be a bit high, or is it really that power hungry?

You are correct and its a MONSTER fan.. 38mm (if not the other bigger monster) depth and few k RPMs. Moves MAD amounts of air with mad amounts of noise. :)

Something along the lines like the FC5V2, looked nice.

Too bad there are no retailers in Norway who has it though, probably have to buy it from Germany or UK.

Something along the lines like the FC5V2, looked nice.

Too bad there are no retailers in Norway who has it though, probably have to buy it from Germany or UK.

Yea, it's between that and this one for me. So long as 30w is enough for whatever fan I choose for my radiator. The remaining fans won't be a problem at all.

Looking for a fan controller that has enough watts to handle a high CFM Delta or San Ace fan, has PWM control, and has some kind of display for voltage/RPM.

Can you guys suggest one?

Thanks in advance! :thup:

maybe you should try to build your own controller....
this kind of fans will need special treatment for their unique character of each model...

You are correct and its a MONSTER fan.. 38mm (if not the other bigger monster) depth and few k RPMs. Moves MAD amounts of air with mad amounts of noise. :)

sounds like a fan for a mad person :rofl::chair:

Forgot the link above

Looks like there is nothing that fits what I want, so will have to give up PWM control and just use voltage control. Pretty sure I've settled on the Lamptron Touch. Read a lot of good reviews about it.

http://www.lamptron.com/products/view/Fan_Controller_Touch

Now, I need to find myself a nice, high CFM, high RPM fan that is less than 30w on start up. Suggestions anyone?

Forgot the link above

Looks like there is nothing that fits what I want, so will have to give up PWM control and just use voltage control. Pretty sure I've settled on the Lamptron Touch. Read a lot of good reviews about it.

http://www.lamptron.com/products/view/Fan_Controller_Touch

Now, I need to find myself a nice, high CFM, high RPM fan that is less than 30w on start up. Suggestions anyone?

Yup... Unfortunately; there are no controllers on the market today that fit all your requirements.

Lamptron makes, by far, the nicest and beefiest controllers available, but they don't have a PWM version of any of their controllers out to market yet. I have emailed a few of their customer reps suggesting/requesting that they make such a product, but so far it hasn't happened. I run a few crazy fans myself and being that they are all PWM, I opted for the DYI route and made my own controller; a few people have made a bunch of them as well.

Check them out here: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=641111

Back