• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help finishing a build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cbass666

Registered
Someone had suggested this build but i noted that there is no cooling system in the build do i need one

build:
Rosewill LINE-M Micro-ATX Mini Tower Computer Case, Dual USB 3.0, come with Dual Fans, Support up to 4 Fans, 12.5" card
SAMSUNG DVD Burner SATA Model SH-224BB - OEM
Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
GIGABYTE GV-R797OC-3GD Radeon HD 7970 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 500W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
ASRock B75M R2.0 LGA 1155 Intel B75 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
Intel Core i5-3470 Ivy Bridge 3.2GHz (3.6GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2500 BX80637i53470
Plextor M5P Xtreme Series PX-256M5Pro 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Kingston HyperX Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX16C9B1BK2/8
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM

Such a small build.. Not much room for advanced cooling.. You may only be able to do stock cooling with a mild overclock..

well, the case comes with dual fans and the processor comes with its own cooler. Might suggest you put it together first, then decide if you need additional cooling and based on your coming overclocking ambitions.

Is there a reason why you wanted the mini-tower? That is definitely not a great choice for a case considering the parts you are going to be putting into it...

I had asked for help with building a gaming rig for under $1500 and Knufire came up with the build

Yeah everything else is pretty solid, but I persoanlly would swap out the case for something with a bit more flexibility. It's not that things won't fit but you are kind of restricted for any future additions or upgrades.

The case is small. Even though you want a uATX mother board does not mean you need to get a uATX only case.. The more room, the better the cooling regardless if you don't overclock. Having a traditional cooler master case would be wonderful for this build.. and if you wanted a Hyper 212+, it will fit. ;)

Back