• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!! is7-e volt mod troubles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Matt761

I recently did my first volt mod on my is7-e. I needed more voltage for my new bh6 memory. I did hipro5's ic7 vdimm mod (the resistor is in the same position on the is7). It worked at first and i was able to adjust the voltage. But after 15 minutes the vr broke. While replacing it i hit the 10 ohm resistor and it broke off along with the 2 soldering points. I cant solder the connection back together because the solder doesnt want to stick to the motherboard. Is there any points i can use for soldering that can go around this problem? http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?postid=212806#post212806

I believe that you can solder the midlle leg of the VR to the 4th leg of the Winbond IC and then the top leg of the VR to the FET leg where you would measure the Vdimm from.

Be careful because those legs on the Winbond IC are uber tiny.

It may also be possible to solder to the left leg of that SMD Cap thats under where the missing resistor is. I cant recall, but I think its in the same loop as the Vdimm resistor was. Not sure that will work, but may be worth a try since its easier than soldering to the Winbond IC. TO check to see if its in the same loop, do a "Short Check" using a DMM with one probe on the 4th leg of the Winbond IC and the other probe on the left leg of the Cap.

Back